on a lighter note...

288072009_10227809565294675_5905902338007306588_n.jpg

Middle 1980's I bought a dana 60 rear end to swap my truck to a higher gear ratio. The steel wheels were still on it so put the impact wrench to work. First lug nuts came right off. Went to the other wheel and no go. Tried a few things, like heat, as they had some outside stored rust on them. Finally, I thought I'd try to tighten them a little to see if that would break them loose. The first one I thought I was tightening came right off.
I forgot that1973 and older chrysler products used right hand threads on the passenger side and left hand threads on the drivers side. :)
The rule was to turn toward the rear to remove whichever side was being worked on.

Middle 1980's I bought a dana 60 rear end to swap my truck to a higher gear ratio. The steel wheels were still on it so put the impact wrench to work. First lug nuts came right off. Went to the other wheel and no go. Tried a few things, like heat, as they had some outside stored rust on them. Finally, I thought I'd try to tighten them a little to see if that would break them loose. The first one I thought I was tightening came right off.
I forgot that1973 and older chrysler products used right hand threads on the passenger side and left hand threads on the drivers side. :)
The rule was to turn toward the rear to remove whichever side was being worked on.

Also if you looked most had a L or a R on the stud

I also fought that problem once.

1660247947772.jpeg

Also if you looked most had a L or a R on the stud

I also fought that problem once.
I never noticed or looked to see if any studs were marked R or L.
However, any time we took our cars for service, where they would or might remove a wheel, if it was the left hand they invariably would strip one with their 1 inch impact then blame us for a cross threaded lug nut.
Likewise, the 1993 Geo Metro had 10mm lug bolts. I would stand over them when they put a wheel back on because they could easily snap off the bolt. Their 6 point impact socket would catch the corners enough to remove the nuts but could round off the corner putting them back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!