on a lighter note...

I can help you out with that dirty hands thing. We've got another potato harvest coming up in about 115 days and are always short on help. ;)
i've grabbed my share of rotten ones picking them on my grandfather's farm. I believe I'd rather grab a warm dog turd than a rotten potato. :D

Course, Dad, Pawpaw, and my uncles all thought it was the height of hilarity when one of us kids grabbed one. Or like as not, several.
 
You can come up and help me plant beans. As a matter of fact the monitor for the planter is acting up, I need a good tech guy.
Hmmm...if there's a Pike County (IL, I assume???) deer hunt in there somewhere, sign me up!

Not sure how much help I'd be though. Last time I planted beans was probably 40 years ago. Technology was a little more primitive back then. ;)
 
Hmmm...if there's a Pike County (IL, I assume???) deer hunt in there somewhere, sign me up!

Not sure how much help I'd be though. Last time I planted beans was probably 40 years ago. Technology was a little more primitive back then. ;)
Let's go back 70 years. We planted by hand with a stick. Poke a hole in the ground and drop in four beans, not three, not five, four, and each hill had to be a foot apart. Dad was covering them with a hoe. If we miscounted or the hills weren't spaced right we got a swat with the hoe handle. Learned how to plant pretty quick.
 
I remember those days. We had 2 gardens that were just under a half acre, and Pawpaw's "garden" was 3 or 4 acres. We had pear trees, satsuma trees, peach trees, plum trees, muscadine vines, blackberries, and strawberries. Plus all the veggies. Even had our own bee hive.

We always got a whole steer from my Pawpaw every year. The only food we bought at the grocery was stuff we couldn't grow ourselves - sugar, bananas, coffee, etc. Or if we wanted pork or poultry.
 
i've grabbed my share of rotten ones picking them on my grandfather's farm. I believe I'd rather grab a warm dog turd than a rotten potato. :D

Course, Dad, Pawpaw, and my uncles all thought it was the height of hilarity when one of us kids grabbed one. Or like as not, several.
i've grabbed my share of rotten ones picking them on my grandfather's farm. I believe I'd rather grab a warm dog turd than a rotten potato. :D

Course, Dad, Pawpaw, and my uncles all thought it was the height of hilarity when one of us kids grabbed one. Or like as not, several.
Haha, I bet! Not exactly how we do it these days though.
Thankfully, we’ve progressed.
 
279524024_553730499449957_2756846064947677853_n.jpg
 
279513967_553730349449972_6637360343778269590_n.jpg
 
Let's go back 70 years. We planted by hand with a stick. Poke a hole in the ground and drop in four beans, not three, not five, four, and each hill had to be a foot apart. Dad was covering them with a hoe. If we miscounted or the hills weren't spaced right we got a swat with the hoe handle. Learned how to plant pretty quick.
That's exactly why I wouldn't help @Bob Nelson 35Whelen plant tomatoes. You don't plant them far enough apart to his satisfaction and your liable to get whacked up side the head with a two forty three tomato plant stake!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,267
Messages
1,571,071
Members
169,251
Latest member
EdwardoMee
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top