on a lighter note...

and hamburgers, and BBQ

1632503199914.png

In my house, it's more like 5. Which is ok with me, cuz the big pot comes out for red beans and rice, gumbo, and jambalaya.
All depends on what goes into the pot.

True dat. Doesn't usually get very cold down here, which is the weather that is perfect for red beans and rice and gumbo. So on the rare occasion it gets cold, the big pot comes out.

1632532344452.png

I went to the kitchen - such a pot is already on the stove. I don't know how it will end.

Last year, I was living in the country waiting for the vaccine. For such a pot - a pound can of canned beef, 4 broth cubes, when it boils, cut cabbage there, then potatoes, you can pre-fry a little onion with a chopped carrot, and finally add half a pack of frozen vegetables (with tomatoes, sweet peppers and beans). Finish when the potatoes are cooked. These are the so-called "shchi". Sour cream is added. In this dish, there is more liquid fraction than solid, and if you do not lean on bread, you can even lose weight.
Unfortunately, my wife arrived in the summer, who was transferred to a remote job,and took over the cooking.
All the achievements went to waste.

One of my favorite Norm McDonald bits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.