on a lighter note...

YES!!!! That is how I learned to drive.
I learned in our old 1933 Chevy with 3 on the floor. No synchro in those days so we had to learn to double clutch. At 6 years old I could barely reach the pedals. Interesting times.

When I went for my license the driving test had to be with a stick. I couldn't take mine because we had an automatic. I had to make arrangements with my aunt to use her car with a stick. No problem, I'd been driving sticks since I was 6. Passed with flying colors. Still driving sticks and double clutching.

I've delivered enough babies to assure you...they will still act like they are dying. I had Tylenol and ice chips when I had my kids.

I delivered this one baby...it was her SECOND one. Her first one was 2 years old. She was really carrying on. I asked, "isn't this your second one?" She replied yes. I asked her if she thought it was going to tickle the second time around. She toned it down a bit. But just marginally.
Big sympathy play.

115887059_10223750428495488_4737630776126933769_n.jpg

I've delivered enough babies to assure you...they will still act like they are dying. I had Tylenol and ice chips when I had my kids.

I delivered this one baby...it was her SECOND one. Her first one was 2 years old. She was really carrying on. I asked, "isn't this your second one?" She replied yes. I asked her if she thought it was going to tickle the second time around. She toned it down a bit. But just marginally.
Reminds me of a story my wife tells from when she was in nursing school years ago. The hospital still had multi-bed wards and she was assigned a pregnant teen to coach. While checking on her patient, the lady in the next bed who had 7 or 8 kids said, "Nurse, nurse, the baby is here." In other words, it had just popped out with no fuss and no screaming. My wife, the student nurse, ran for the resident to handle things.

Reminds me of a story my wife tells from when she was in nursing school years ago. The hospital still had multi-bed wards and she was assigned a pregnant teen to coach. While checking on her patient, the lady in the next bed who had 7 or 8 kids said, "Nurse, nurse, the baby is here." In other words, it had just popped out with no fuss and no screaming. My wife, the student nurse, ran for the resident to handle things.
Omg! I've had patients that the babies pretty much just crawled out of too. It was pretty bad when I had mine but no need for theatrics. I mean...it hurts BAD...not fun at all but no sense crying and screaming and cussing over it. Your poor wife though. Just about every nurse has been there...

Omg! I've had patients that the babies pretty much just crawled out of too. It was pretty bad when I had mine but no need for theatrics. I mean...it hurts BAD...not fun at all but no sense crying and screaming and cussing over it. Your poor wife though. Just about every nurse has been there...
Even though she's had her BSN for 44 years, she still tells that story from nursing school.

1626955192917.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg