on a lighter note...

IMG-20210227-WA0020.jpg

Been there, done that--one time only. The president of the HOA and his flunkies were on us constantly for something or other, most of which they just dreamed up to harrass us. Try to comply and they'd find something wrong with it. Change it and it was still wrong. My advice is if you hear the words homeowners association is to run like hell away. They will lie in your face about how great it is--until you move in then the shit hits the fan in a never ending stream.

I’ve only lived inside 2 towns in my life, I’m presently on 3 acres on the edge of a very small town. I can’t understand why anyone would buy a home where people will tell you what to do with the place YOU paid for.

I used to be the President of a 300 plus member, property owners association. I was one of the good guys, and not the typical Nazi control freaks you usually encounter on those boards. Some of the other board members didn't like me much, because I wouldn't be an establishment player. But yeah, I dealt with many Karen's. Lol.

I used to be the President of a 300 plus member, property owners association. I was one of the good guys, and not the typical Nazi control freaks you usually encounter on those boards. Some of the other board members didn't like me much, because I wouldn't be an establishment player. But yeah, I dealt with many Karen's. Lol.
A truly thankless job...

My parents were on the board in their neighborhood.
They dreaded the meetings, but it gave them an inside track.
When they were looking to make a few changes to the house...
They knew what wheels to grease and how.

"Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgement" Vito Corleone, The Godfather
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" Vito Corleone, The Godfather

Funny how it goes. I served on the board of the hoa for a year and things were fairly civil but they came after us with a vengeance when I left. Two faced is putting it mildly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg