on a lighter note...

Studio_20160111_204611.jpg
 
10603747_952606684800800_6468241432662241986_n.jpg
 
images (6).jpg
 
Keep this in mind the next time you are about to repeat a rumour or spread gossip.


In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day an acquaintance ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about Diogenes?"


"Wait a moment," Socrates replied, "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."


"Triple filter?" asked the acquaintance.


"That's right," Socrates continued, "Before you talk to me about Diogenes let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"


"No," the man said, "Actually I just heard about it."


"All right," said Socrates, "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about Diogenes something good?"


"No, on the contrary..."


"So," Socrates continued, "You want to tell me something about Diogenes that may be bad, even though you're not certain it's true?"


The man shrugged, a little embarrassed. Socrates continued, "You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter, the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about Diogenes going to be useful to me?"


"No, not really."


"Well," concluded Socrates, "If what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me or anyone at all?"


The man was bewildered and ashamed. This is an example of why Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.


It also explains why Socrates never found out that Diogenes was banging his wife.
 
Great stuff observe! Thanks fir always sharing!
 
Studio_20160211_212022.jpg
 
Studio_20151226_165640.jpg
 
I remember Hawkeye? My father a WW2 marines thought the guy should be shot!
 
1891153_10207057093097675_9121964642386927604_n.jpg
 
12524301_172219046474262_3477400593749937766_n.jpg
 
received_180064519023048.jpeg
 
received_176824749347025.jpeg
 
received_158137721215728.jpeg
 
received_145798182449682.jpeg
 
He will learn :E Lol:
 
My father in law told me it ruled the world! Ha!
 
I had an uncle who proudly stated, "if woman didn't have them we'd be hunting them with dogs". Not my statement, don't hate the messenger :-)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,572,117
Members
169,494
Latest member
EthanL7457
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top