on a lighter note...

1790216224663.jpeg
 
I’m old enough to remember besides the the dimmer switch, Mom’s old car from the 1940’s had a floor starter switch.
In the same vein…

Some of the old military Jeeps used the gas pedal as the starter. Pushing it to the floor engaged the starter. Had to make sure you pushed the clutch in too! LOL.
 
Ooh!...That's right!....Now I remember. My '69 Chevy Impala, and up to the C-10's I owned as civilian vehicles had key ignitions and dimmer switches on the floor.

The classic I drove most often was a G.I. issue AMC "jeep" aka: Truck, 1/4 Ton, 4x4. It had the starter button switch on the floor and the "headlight dimmer switch" aka low beam, high beam, blk out drive, switch box on the lower left side of the gauge panel.

Yeah, it's hard to remember driving a true classic civilian vehicle, when one spent most of their youth in the military: walking, running, marching, riding in the rear with the gear in a transport: vehicle ("cattle car", bus, 2-1/2 or 5 ton truck), aircraft, or ship.
For the real classic trained drivers they will remember some general motors cars, and maybe other brands, had the starter switch under the gas pedal. That's right. Mash the gas pedal to the floor thus setting the carburetor choke and engaging the starter motor.
As a kid I wondered how one could floorboard the gas petal to pass and not engage the starter motor.
Of course in my later years realized it must have had a relay to keep that from happening after the engine was started.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,324
Members
169,338
Latest member
ggo88vipto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top