on a lighter note...

492075789_122199240386137069_489869327776632223_n.jpg
 
I like my 270s.

Yeah am slightly hesitant ...but must admit to owning one I bought 2nd hand years ago....Remington 700 with synthetic stock and in stainless with iron sights....could never get the scope zeroed. Went through 3 plus boxes of ammo over a period of time...eventually decided to take scope off and try with irons to see if it was the barrel...when removing the screws going into the receiver I found one was broken off inside the receiver. Tried the irons and bang on ...so if weather is inclement I take it out ...shot couple of puku with it and worked fine...now I will duck down deep in the trench :E Big Grin:
 
You are right Bob. Jack O pushed it down my throat. Got one when I was 14. 52 yrs later and 300 plus critters and not one lost. Not a tomato stake!


It's sort of true. When calibers get improved and reintroduced they tend to be too much of a good thing. Everything I love in firearms was perfected before 1930:

22 Savage
240 Apex (243 is a fake clone)
257 Roberts
6.5x55SE
6.5 Mannlicher
7x57
280 Ross
303 Brit
300 H&H
318 Westley
333 Jeffery
350 Rigby
375 Holland
404 Jeff
470 NE
577 NE

If one of those is lacking for a given task, you probably ought not do that task.
 
It's sort of true. When calibers get improved and reintroduced they tend to be too much of a good thing. Everything I love in firearms was perfected before 1930:

22 Savage
240 Apex (243 is a fake clone)
257 Roberts
6.5x55SE
6.5 Mannlicher
7x57
280 Ross
303 Brit
300 H&H
318 Westley
333 Jeffery
350 Rigby
375 Holland
404 Jeff
470 NE
577 NE

If one of those is lacking for a given task, you probably ought not do that task.
.270 WINCHESTER (1925).
 
My .25 100 gr out the barrel at 3300 fps suits me just fine even if I can push it another 100-200 fps
@JimP
I like the 109grainers out of mine at over 3,600 fps, just fun to shoot a long ways out with minimal or zero hold over
Bob
 
It's sort of true. When calibers get improved and reintroduced they tend to be too much of a good thing. Everything I love in firearms was perfected before 1930:

22 Savage
240 Apex (243 is a fake clone)
257 Roberts
6.5x55SE
6.5 Mannlicher
7x57
280 Ross
303 Brit
300 H&H
318 Westley
333 Jeffery
350 Rigby
9.3x62 Mauser
375 Holland
404 Jeff
470 NE
577 NE

If one of those is lacking for a given task, you probably ought not do that task.
Fixed it for you.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2568.png
    IMG_2568.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 105
IMG_1753.jpeg
 
It's sort of true. When calibers get improved and reintroduced they tend to be too much of a good thing. Everything I love in firearms was perfected before 1930:

22 Savage
240 Apex (243 is a fake clone)
257 Roberts
6.5x55SE
6.5 Mannlicher
7x57
280 Ross
303 Brit
300 H&H
318 Westley
333 Jeffery
350 Rigby
375 Holland
404 Jeff
470 NE
577 NE

If one of those is lacking for a given task, you probably ought not do that task.
@rookhawk
You left it the Whelen mate. That was pre 1930.
Me thinks y'all need to start another love affair.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,339
Messages
1,573,308
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top