on a lighter note...

View attachment 662442
Plastic guns need extra washing!

I have cleaned a Norwegian National Guard (heimevernet) MP5 in a dishwasher.
A good barrel scrub first, then all parts in the dishwasher, add soap and start the warmest cycle. When finished blown with compressed air and a good soaking in oil. Result-probably cleaner then when it left the factory!

I have also cleaned carparts the same way but had to stop this practice after my wife came home bit early and found a Mitsubishi 4D56 head in cleaning..

Do not underestimate the cleaning power of hot water and soap!. Or how angry a wife can get over small things..
 
IMG_4617.png
 
I have cleaned a Norwegian National Guard (heimevernet) MP5 in a dishwasher.
A good barrel scrub first, then all parts in the dishwasher, add soap and start the warmest cycle. When finished blown with compressed air and a good soaking in oil. Result-probably cleaner then when it left the factory!

I have also cleaned carparts the same way but had to stop this practice after my wife came home bit early and found a Mitsubishi 4D56 head in cleaning..

Do not underestimate the cleaning power of hot water and soap!. Or how angry a wife can get over small things..
I used to clean dirtbike/quad foam air filters by soaking them in kerosene and then washing them in the kitchen sink with laundry detergent WHEN my wife wasn't home. Well, same as your experience, she came home early once and although I was finished, there was the aroma of kerosene in the air. She asked me what that smell was and I told here. That was the end of that. LOL
 
I have cleaned a Norwegian National Guard (heimevernet) MP5 in a dishwasher.
A good barrel scrub first, then all parts in the dishwasher, add soap and start the warmest cycle. When finished blown with compressed air and a good soaking in oil. Result-probably cleaner then when it left the factory!

I have also cleaned carparts the same way but had to stop this practice after my wife came home bit early and found a Mitsubishi 4D56 head in cleaning..

Do not underestimate the cleaning power of hot water and soap!. Or how angry a wife can get over small things..
We used to take new rifles into the shower. A good scrubbing with a wire brush, soap and hot water to get the cosmoline off. Messy but it did the job.
 
My Mom used Tincture of Iodine. That did sting.
My mom used Phisohex on us three boys until it was no longer available over the counter and by Rx only starting in the '70s. Guess not enough profit in it sold over the counter?
 
My mom used Phisohex on us three boys until it was no longer available over the counter and by Rx only starting in the '70s. Guess not enough profit in it sold over the counter?
My mom used Absorbine Jr. for my fire ant bites when I was 3, that memory is still burned into my head (and hands).
 
Previously, alcohol-based aniline dye (brilliant green) was used. It's not as caustic as the iodine solution, but it dirties everything. For some reason, it was used for chickenpox.
 
1738462261228.png



This looks like the view from the back seat.... I mean I've heard... someone told me.... nevermind...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,423
Messages
1,575,744
Members
170,386
Latest member
LenoreNico
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top