on a lighter note...

473801671_944255664553917_7091959713266574074_n.jpg
 
Don't have to ask. Been there, Still do that. It pretty much comes with the territory on my 11-87 and 1100, when removing or inserting the magazine plugs.
I simply cut off an appropriate length piece of dowel and drop it through the hole in the spring retaining cap. Yes, it rattles a bit sometimes but the geese coming in to decoys are making so much noise they couldn't hear a brass band in the blind.
 

That’s what the hot tub was named on Epstein Island!!!️
 
I simply cut off an appropriate length piece of dowel and drop it through the hole in the spring retaining cap. Yes, it rattles a bit sometimes but the geese coming in to decoys are making so much noise they couldn't hear a brass band in the blind.
:eek::cry::unsure::LOL:......I'm not sure maybe 3 hunting seasons ago. It was opening day of goose and dove seasons; geese in the morning dove at noon. As usual I reached for my 3-1/2 inch chambered, 12 gauge, Remington 11-87. Loaded the shotgun into the truck with 1 box of 3-1/2 inch T shot for geese and 4 boxes of 2-3/4 inch, #8 shot dove loads. Checked the magazine on the 11-87 for a plug with the 3-1/2 inch shells. Plug in good to go. Shot 3 of 5 limit geese, called it a morning, headed to the dove field, set up and loaded my shotgun in prep for the noon horn to signal the opening of dove season.

It was during the loading process that I could load 4 shells into the shotgun......OOPS. My 3-1/2 inch plug is shorter than the 2-3/4 inch plug.

The dove field is a public field managed by our state wildlife department. They are the one's that sound the horn to signal the legal/official opening time to start shooting at dove. They game wardens also go from setup to setup checking hunters' licenses and insure each hunter's shotgun is plug to only hold 3 shells.

To become legal, that is to avoid being ticketed I reached around hastily cut a branch, whittled it to the proper diameter and length, then slipped the new field expedient plug into the magazine through the hole in the magazine spring retaining plug. The shotgun and I are legal....for now.

Dove passes over filled the sky with lead and went to reload just as the game wardens were walking to me. I could once again fit 4 rounds tightly into the shotgun. The piece of branch had gone back out through the hole in the magazine retaining plug, slightly flaring the end against the interior of the magazine/barrel cap, and had split ever so slightly at the other end, shortening the plug length.

It took a bit of explaining, and presenting the fresh evidence, while disassembling my shotgun and making another field expedient magazine plug.

:E Nail Biter:......:E Nono:.... In the end I was back to being legal and avoided a ticket to appear in court.:A Happy Wave:

Since that opening day fiasco, I now carry 2 extra plugs one for 3-1/2 inch and one for the 2-3/4 inch shells in my backpack/decoy bag during early goose and dove seasons.
 
1738031177603.png
 
474977849_581561614771967_5178569411416601598_n.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,263
Messages
1,570,952
Members
169,204
Latest member
CaroleBraz
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top