on a lighter note...

1718452632474.png
 
I’m glad to know I’m above average in at least one aspect of my life!
 
My brother had a big Chesapeake Bay Retriever and they are known to be a pretty good watch dog and can be a bit intimidating with a loud bark. He trained it to lay down if he said, “Charge!” It was funny to see the dog barking at a spooked stranger or a trespasser and my brother would yell, “Charge!” The trespasser would crap his pants or take off running, thinking the dog would attack. Meanwhile, the dog would just lay down!
 
Last edited:
My brother had a big Chesapeake Bay Retriever and they are known to be a pretty good watch dog and can be a bit intimidating with a loud bark. He trained it to lay down if he said, “Charge!” It was funny to see the dog barking at a spooked stranger or a trespasser and my brother would yell, “Charge!” The trespasser would crsp his pants or take off running, thinking the dog would attack. Meanwhile, the dog would just lay down!

Good one! That’s the classic command for sporting dogs. It meant the weapon was being charged so the dog was to lay down until the shooter was ready.
 

I'm definitely way ahead of the average.
I spend at least that much and more per month.
This must mean the Gen X, Z, and all those others, that waste their time bashing others via computer indoors rather than spending quality time outdoors physically mingling with other actual people, average spending on hobbies.
 
1718482919692.png
 
I always did like Charlie.

View attachment 613664
Charlie Pride lived in Highland Park, Dallas (very expensive). Chas. Nix did his wallpaper. One day Charlie asked Nix, "what do you think about this song?" It was "Kiss an Angel Good Morning." He was known for bouncing new songs off ordinary people. It they didn't like it, he didn't pursue it. Everyone said he was a GREAT guy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,896
Members
169,463
Latest member
DarrylTeno
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top