on a lighter note...

From the old radial engine days.

#2 engine seeping oil
#2 engine seepage normal - #1 #3 and #4 engines lack normal seepage
Ran boats offshore with the GM engines. Same thing. Oil leaking out everywhere add more and keep going. No oil leaks, get ready, extensive repairs coming up.
 
324351769_490126063236802_6536980265309245970_n.jpg
 
We weren't allowed to even point our BB/ pellet guns at any body for any reason.

But we were allowed, and quite often used: hard plastic and cork bullets, hard plastic cannon balls, other hard plastic and hard rubber balls were thrown as grenades, and plastic suction cup dart guns to shoot each other playing cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, and war. And it wasn't just kids playing, we even had our parents and adult neighbors joining in the fun.

Ah, those almost forgotten memories.
One Christmas about 60 years ago, Santa brought me a Johnny Reb cannon. It was a Civil-Era looking cannon that came with 6 hard plastic cannon balls that you would place in the muzzle end of the barrel and use your ramrod to push the ball down the barrel on a spring and would cock the trigger. You then would pull the cord to fire this beast and the ball would come blazing out of the barrel and if it hit you, it would sting and leave a welt on your skin. My brother "fired" this cannon at me and the ball hit me so heard on the hear that I saw stars and had to put ice on the huge bump that it left on the side of my head.
My parents asked me if I was OK? I said yes and the war in our hallway resumed! I learned to duck pretty fast after that bonk! Those times were the fun times. Natural selection at its finest!!
 
1717357050253.png
 
My youngest is deployed to the Chesty Puller, basically an oil tanker converted for certain kinds of navy "work." Part of the fifth fleet, the ship is sitting in the balmy waters of the Arabian Sean/Persian Gulf.

HVAC is practically non-existent, often 95º in his berth when he's trying to sleep.

My D-i-L baked this cherry pie,
1717357968195.png

and my son responds with this

1717357943132.png
 
One Christmas about 60 years ago, Santa brought me a Johnny Reb cannon. It was a Civil-Era looking cannon that came with 6 hard plastic cannon balls that you would place in the muzzle end of the barrel and use your ramrod to push the ball down the barrel on a spring and would cock the trigger. You then would pull the cord to fire this beast and the ball would come blazing out of the barrel and if it hit you, it would sting and leave a welt on your skin. My brother "fired" this cannon at me and the ball hit me so heard on the hear that I saw stars and had to put ice on the huge bump that it left on the side of my head.
My parents asked me if I was OK? I said yes and the war in our hallway resumed! I learned to duck pretty fast after that bonk! Those times were the fun times. Natural selection at its finest!!

I remember those cannons; had one. Could easily hit something (someone) at 30 feet with a pop and leave a mark on metal siding. That cannon, our cork guns, and lever action guns that shot plastic bullets,( and when we could, or could get away with, using our cheap wooden bows and wooden, suction cup tipped arrows) were great playing cowboy and Indians, and war.

Yes, those were some fun times growing up.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,422
Members
169,356
Latest member
BrentonSco
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top