on a lighter note...

1000023784.jpg
 
Helicopter noun 1. A million parts rotating rapidly around an oil leak waiting for metal fatigue to set in.
Or a million parts held together by a low bid bolt.
 
Or a million parts held together by a low bid bolt.

Oil and hydraulic leaks.....PFFfff
Low bid bolt....Pfff
Metal Fatigue....pff

The Collective.....Just Exactly How Drunk was the PIC last night?

The "Jesus Nut"!, The "Jesus Nut"!, IF nothing else Always!! check, double check,....even triple check the "Jesus Nut".
 
Oil and hydraulic leaks.....PFFfff
Low bid bolt....Pfff
Metal Fatigue....pff

The Collective.....Just Exactly How Drunk was the PIC last night?

The "Jesus Nut"!, The "Jesus Nut"!, IF nothing else Always!! check, double check,....even triple check the "Jesus Nut".

Guess I should have NOTED:

FYI:

For those not in aviation or familiar with helicopters the "Jesus Nut" is the single nut that holds the main rotor to the helicopter.

In essence if the main rotor nut comes off, no auto rotate to the ground, only the Hand of GOD will prevent one's meeting with the Son of GOD, Jesus. Thus the term "Jesus Nut".

The Collective is the lever, much like that of an outboard boat motor, controls the speed and direction / pitch of the rotor blades. Pilots have to Collect All of Their Thoughts, Ensure they have take off clearance from the control tower of the "airport" and know where other aircraft are in relation to them, BEFORE deciding to pull up on the collective....become airborne.
 
Last edited:
Thousands of hours and I never once lost a Jesus nut!! It was the little pieces of safety wire holding the nuts on that I worried about.
What'd you fly?

My son flies an MH-60S, right now off the deck of the USS Chesty Puller.

My F-i-L flew a UH-1, '68 - '70.
 
1717276950016.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,725
Members
169,402
Latest member
brookthimble
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top