on a lighter note...

430103759_10231825179402518_8565106320268197498_n.jpg
 
I know this is the humor thread, but they actually did figure out how the pyramids were built in recent years and it got little media attention. A guy took hi-res photos of the great pyramid and used photo enhancement to mark out the dimensions of each course of blocks. With the heightened contrast, obvious locations of small plinth blocks were shown throughout. They used scaffolds and hoists, then filled in the slots where the booms would have previously been. There are a myriad of primitive levers, pulleys, block-and-tackle, and cranes that could have been used in those slots to lift blocks.
AND, archeologists recently found an ancient tributary (now dry) off the Nile that once ran next to the pyramids. They surmise the tributary was used to transport the cut blocks on wooden rafts to near the pyramids.
 
I know this is the humor thread, but they actually did figure out how the pyramids were built in recent years and it got little media attention. A guy took hi-res photos of the great pyramid and used photo enhancement to mark out the dimensions of each course of blocks. With the heightened contrast, obvious locations of small plinth blocks were shown throughout. They used scaffolds and hoists, then filled in the slots where the booms would have previously been. There are a myriad of primitive levers, pulleys, block-and-tackle, and cranes that could have been used in those slots to lift blocks.
Hmmm, almost sounds like Herodotus was right...
 
1710982735586.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,845
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top