on a lighter note...

I woke up with a huge tarantula on my face in Haiti. Not a great experience!
Reminds me of once when I picked up a load of laundry to put in the washer. I realized I had a bark scorpion about 2 inches from my face just about the time I put it in the washer. :oops:

Luckily didn’t wake up with the sob on my face. o_O
 
1709944263548.jpeg
 
I woke up with a huge tarantula on my face in Haiti. Not a great experience!

Ok.Your situation is not funny.
But it did spark a memory a couple of challenges.

Our barracks was referred to as a zoo. Not because we were animalistic, but because of all the "pets" some of the guys had. One fellow had 3 farrets, 3 goldfish, and I think 1 bird. Another had 2 boa constricters and a python, at first he feed then mice, then baby chickens and rabbits. A third fellow had a tarantula. And this all started when we adopted a stray dog.

The challenges: 1. Allowing the tarantula to crawl on you. And 2. Handling one of the 2 - 3 feet long snakes.

Nope I wasn't drunk when I accepted both challenges. Of course not at the same time. First the tarantula was placed on the back of my hand and I let it crawl up to my shoulder before its owner removed it. Second was the boa, after I had been handling it for a few minutes, the snake started wrapping itself around my forearm, went under the sleeve of my shirt and up my arm, wrapped around my neck, across my other shoulder before its owner carefully removed the snake.

Not only did it prove just how crazy, or stupid I was. The experience proved I could keep cool under pressure. As the snake had wrapped around my neck the fellows were cutting jokes and senerios trying to make me laugh or do something that might cause the boa to react. Ok the boa wasn't big enough to do any serious harm and it's owner and others were there just in case.
 
Last edited:
Answer I bought one for you dear as a surprise [emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

Well, Hun,...you keep saying I don't take you anywhere. I figured I would surprise you with your own rifle so we can spend more time together......( under his breather...What the Hell was I thinking? I must have really been drunk)...dear. I can take you to the range and we can be together and I can take you hunting so we can be together. I can even teach you how to reload and we can reload our own ammo together. ODG!!!....WTH!!!..was I thinking....I do these things so we aren't together!

I don't know who "they" is, that said "It'll be fun"; but when I find them, I'm going to have fun alright....but "they" ain't!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,646
Members
169,598
Latest member
BrigetteLn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top