on a lighter note...

1676153043855.png
 
Not funny but one of my clients wrote this and I asked him if I could share. Pretty cool I thought.


Ode to Outdoorsmen

We.
We are the ones.
We, who seek nature.
We, who thrive in wilderness.
We, who find our home afield.

It is our place.
Out there.
Out where we seek and see the beauty of God’s creation.
Out where we stand in awe.
Out. In the wild-ness.

For it is here we are free.
Free of mankind’s rules, restrictions, lanes, signs, demands, and dictates.
Free to observe and to learn.
Free to strive and to fail.
Free to jump in and to find our way.
Free to live.

Here we experience the beauty of life.
Life. Unobstructed.
Life. Untainted.
Life. Miraculous and mysterious.
Untamed and untamable.
Wonderous and awful.

Here, the sun warms our bodies and the storms batter us.
Here, the rivers flow softly and the floods dismissively push aside boulders.
Here, the winds shift while tides ceaselessly ebb and flow.
Here, life grants the greatest blessings and imposes the harshest sanctions.

In the midst of it’s magnitude,
we discover our smallness.
Swept up in the constant change and cycles, we experience our insignificance.

So we are compelled to let go and learn a new way.
A way that is respectful.
A way that is humble.
A way that is grateful.
A way marked by futile attempts to understand but free from the vain struggle to control.
A way that reveals the place we have been given.
A way that unveils acceptance and peace.
A way that awakens us to belonging.


W. M. Heyer

——————-
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,052
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top