I'm an Electronics Tech not an electrician. I've tested this a few times. It's true! Including one capacitor that ended up as just the two leads.A common electrician joke is to say that motors and other electrical things run on smoke. Because, if you let the smoke out, they don’t work anymore.
In Electronics we had a different one to remember the resistor value color code.The best mnemonic device I've ever come across is the one for the 12 cranial nerves.
All the docs on here, and @Just Gina know what I'm talking about.
Oh, oh, oh, to touch and feel virgin girl's vagina, ah heaven.
- Olfactory nerve: Sense of smell.
- Optic nerve: Ability to see.
- Oculomotor nerve: Ability to move and blink your eyes.
- Trochlear nerve: Ability to move your eyes up and down or back and forth.
- Trigeminal nerve: Sensations in your face and cheeks, taste and jaw movements.
- Abducens nerve: Ability to move your eyes.
- Facial nerve: Facial expressions and sense of taste.
- Vestibular nerve: Sense of hearing and balance.
- Glossopharyngeal nerve: Ability to taste and swallow.
- Vagus nerve: Digestion and heart rate.
- Accessory nerve: Shoulder and neck muscle movement.
- Hypoglossal nerve: Ability to move your tongue.
Totally admit I had to look up the actual nerves, I only remember the mnemonic.
In Electronics we had a different one to remember the resistor value color code.
bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly
They have probably come up with a more PC once since...