Now this is unique and different!

JB this might be an exception but the services of my taxidermist have always ended when I picked up the mounts at their shop or upon delivery. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Agreed. Lots of guys with bigger shops now offer that service. Usually no extra charge.

Wow, very nice and unique. Thanks for sharing JB, and please keep us updated with the progress.

That display would not only take room but almost a genius to lay out the wall anchors especially if you had to hit studs. Once hung, it would surely be a conversation starter.
If you are doing new construction or remodeling and exposing studs, consider adding blocking between the studs, possibly for several feet of the wall. Or sheet the walls with 3/4" OSB under the sheetrock to provide continuous, solid backing for hanging.

I was thinking the same thing. One saving grace is if this taxidermist was doing it for someone they would also hang it but yes regardless the heavier one I’d be more comfortable hitting studs
Pethaps the backing board will be dressed up or finished to be attached to the wall allowing them to maintain spacing and secure to standard stud spacing or the owner already has a plan if they are having them mounted to be hung in that order. Its not inconcevible that they are at 2' or 600mm centres on the stand

Pethaps the backing board will be dressed up or finished to be attached to the wall allowing them to maintain spacing and secure to standard stud spacing or the owner already has a plan if they are having them mounted to be hung in that order. Its not inconcevible that they are at 2' or 600mm centres on the stand
I’m sure there will be more to this display. I’ll post pictures when I see the studio posts them. I’m interested in seeing the final product.

@johnnyblues so when are you getting the new house? You have your trip in April 2021, figure another 8 months for shipping, taxidermy and delivery....2 years to make it happen, lol.

That is a pretty amazing mount, thanks for sharing!

@johnnyblues so when are you getting the new house? You have your trip in April 2021, figure another 8 months for shipping, taxidermy and delivery....2 years to make it happen, lol.

That is a pretty amazing mount, thanks for sharing!
I’d rather shoot myself in the foot than move again! Lol. Anyway

Very cool. Might just have to do that for our forever home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you