Not everyone is this tough with a 500 Jeffery!

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by Norma-USA, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Gert Odendaal

Gert Odendaal AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SAJW
    Hank 2211
    I concur, you are quite correct, no need to behave yourself like a punching bag, not everyone is a boxer (y) as pointed out if someone really wants to shoot a heavy caliber he can take the route I suggested ....:LOL: :D

2. colorado

colorado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I'm sure you're all right about shooting style, but I'm too old to change the way I shoot a rifle with almost have a century hunting and shooting time in. As long as I can keep three shots into a 3" circle at 100 yards shooting offhand I'm not going to change lol. And you're right after quite a few left hooks and straight rights to the head, the punishment is minimal for me :)

3. Gert Odendaal

Gert Odendaal AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SAJW
    You can not teach an old dog new tricks....advice on shooting a heavy caliber rifle is only applicable on new comers to the hunting environment/first time shooters ( lab rats) where a heavy caliber rifle is given to an unsuspected novice to entertain other bystanders...:D I am currently getting a lot of practice to shoot pigs off hand( too many free range domestic pigs on the farm) using a .22 open sight rifle at close quarters, it really is a lot of fun . I am learning a lot about quick target acquisition, shot placement and to identify the specific pig when it is keeping in the bunch...maybe a simple exercise, still it is teaching an old dog new tricks about fast shooting at close quarters and not wounding other pigs not suitable for table fair . :D

DeVere Smith likes this.

4. colorado

colorado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    That is awesome. My favorite way to hunt elk has always been to "jump shoot" them in the black timber with my 270 shoting 150g Partitions.. Still hunting quietly in the heavy timber when you "scare one up" and have to judge (see if they're legal and worth shooting) and shoot them on the run in a matter of seconds in the heavy timber is thrilling. I now hunt the elk the same way with my 500 Jeffery. It's a blast and great practice for when I eventually get to Africa.

Royal27 and ve7poi like this.

5. colorado

colorado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Yes, well done.

6. Odinsraven

Odinsraven AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
    Hunted:
    UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
    As a range safety officer and a shooter ....I trust the lady had a lot of experience shooting .....though the OP suggests it's her first time ......on my watch would have bounced your assess off the range ....

Really this is publicity for your ammo ....

If that lady had not shot before as the OP suggests then just lost a customer for life

7. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    One does not tame a rifle. Not possible. You adapt to IT, not vice versa.

8. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    Careful there, you might break your arm patting yourself on the back!:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It must get old being so good huh?o_O:rolleyes::eek:

9. colorado

colorado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Not good, just punchy :)