North Fork bullets

sunshinegirl

Reaction score
Member of
ADBSS, Arizona Elk Society
I picked up and sold on this forum a lot of Swift & Barnes bullets in 375 & 416. Now I am getting interested in a .416 bore for myself after handling those bullets. I like big calibers, and have a .458 win mag in my collection. I have the opportunity to buy another lot in .416 by North Fork. They are a little more costly than what I paid for the previous ones. My question is this maker worth the money, or just overpriced. Rachel

Rachel...........many people think that the 'premium' bullets are over priced from all of the manufacturers, and that would include North Fork. But lets face it, retail prices are usually what the market will bear as no one is forced to buy them. Having said that however, the cost of a premium bullet is absolutely nothing when you look at the cost of hunting.............and I don't don't care if that hunting is close to home or in Africa.

Lots of hunters swear by North Fork bullets and there are several people on this forum who routinely use them for dangerous game, which is the primary purpose of the .416's in most instances.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll call the gentleman, and ask him about getting the lot. There aren't many who load a .416, so I hope to get the price down to $20 a box. I doubt he paid more than $5 for them. Thanks Rachel

Rachel,
It sounds as if you are being introduced to NF bullets much as I was, by buying some excess bullets from another NF customer. I picked up my 450 grain .458 bullets from a batch made up especially to feed in a Winchester 1886 chambered in .45-110. These worked well in my 1886 .45-90 and a friends 1886 .45-70.Since then, I have used the NF FPS, CPS, and softpoint in my .405 WCF with excellent results. These I load to 2250 fps and they shoot to the same point of aim as the Hornadt 300 factory loads.
IMHO, you can not go wrong with NF bullets if they meet your hunting requirements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TraceeHigh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!