North Fork bullets

sunshinegirl

New member
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Member of
ADBSS, Arizona Elk Society
I picked up and sold on this forum a lot of Swift & Barnes bullets in 375 & 416. Now I am getting interested in a .416 bore for myself after handling those bullets. I like big calibers, and have a .458 win mag in my collection. I have the opportunity to buy another lot in .416 by North Fork. They are a little more costly than what I paid for the previous ones. My question is this maker worth the money, or just overpriced. Rachel
 
Rachel...........many people think that the 'premium' bullets are over priced from all of the manufacturers, and that would include North Fork. But lets face it, retail prices are usually what the market will bear as no one is forced to buy them. Having said that however, the cost of a premium bullet is absolutely nothing when you look at the cost of hunting.............and I don't don't care if that hunting is close to home or in Africa.

Lots of hunters swear by North Fork bullets and there are several people on this forum who routinely use them for dangerous game, which is the primary purpose of the .416's in most instances.
 
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll call the gentleman, and ask him about getting the lot. There aren't many who load a .416, so I hope to get the price down to $20 a box. I doubt he paid more than $5 for them. Thanks Rachel
 
Rachel,
It sounds as if you are being introduced to NF bullets much as I was, by buying some excess bullets from another NF customer. I picked up my 450 grain .458 bullets from a batch made up especially to feed in a Winchester 1886 chambered in .45-110. These worked well in my 1886 .45-90 and a friends 1886 .45-70.Since then, I have used the NF FPS, CPS, and softpoint in my .405 WCF with excellent results. These I load to 2250 fps and they shoot to the same point of aim as the Hornadt 300 factory loads.
IMHO, you can not go wrong with NF bullets if they meet your hunting requirements.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,377
Members
169,549
Latest member
RoseLang
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top