Non-free range Bison hunts

davidt

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hello All,
I was wondering from some that have done it and others that have researched a great deal if anyone is aware of a non-free range bison hunt that was or would be a true hunt in the lower 48? I am curious of past experiences and so on as I am trying to find a place that will have maybe 3 or more day hunt or at least were it isnt a drive up and shoot and be done in an hour deal. The free range herds are so hard to get a tag for that I am checking into other locations as well. Would love to get any information anyone has. Thanks!!

Last edited:
david

i have a friend who went on a bison hunt in eastern oregon.

he was able to get his bison, however the other man in the party was not able to get one. they were in a 50,000 acre pasture and the hunt was unguided.

i would suggest that you do a google search on bison hunts.

there are some bison hunts in south dakota and nebraska that also have guided hunts and they suggest 2 to 3 days depending on how picky you are. they call them trophy and non trophy hunts.

check with custer state part in south dakota as they have a few guided hunts each year in the park. here it is a true cull on older bulls.

Ted Turner Ranches would be worth looking into perhaps, large parcels throughout several states that host various terrain differences.

Or you can do like I do. Get a hold of the Troy Lions Club in Troy, Idaho and buy some raffle tickets for a chance at a buffalo. Tickets are $5. I bought 20 this year. No I have not won the raffle yet:mad: in about 6 tries, that's why I got 20 this year!:eek: One of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg