Non-free range Bison hunts

davidt

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hello All,
I was wondering from some that have done it and others that have researched a great deal if anyone is aware of a non-free range bison hunt that was or would be a true hunt in the lower 48? I am curious of past experiences and so on as I am trying to find a place that will have maybe 3 or more day hunt or at least were it isnt a drive up and shoot and be done in an hour deal. The free range herds are so hard to get a tag for that I am checking into other locations as well. Would love to get any information anyone has. Thanks!!

Last edited:

James.Grage

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
david

i have a friend who went on a bison hunt in eastern oregon.

he was able to get his bison, however the other man in the party was not able to get one. they were in a 50,000 acre pasture and the hunt was unguided.

i would suggest that you do a google search on bison hunts.

there are some bison hunts in south dakota and nebraska that also have guided hunts and they suggest 2 to 3 days depending on how picky you are. they call them trophy and non trophy hunts.

check with custer state part in south dakota as they have a few guided hunts each year in the park. here it is a true cull on older bulls.

BnC 04

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, RMEF, DU, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Ted Turner Ranches would be worth looking into perhaps, large parcels throughout several states that host various terrain differences.

James.Grage

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Or you can do like I do. Get a hold of the Troy Lions Club in Troy, Idaho and buy some raffle tickets for a chance at a buffalo. Tickets are $5. I bought 20 this year. No I have not won the raffle yet:mad: in about 6 tries, that's why I got 20 this year!:eek: One of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommyT3308

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh