No more Yeti's for me

And Yeti may have seen the writing on the wall with regards to sagging sales numbers and by their actions they may blame the NRA for the brand demise.

I see YETI is taking, the not issuing a statement approach, another big mistake

Someday, when a post-melinial generation studies the social media phenomenon, Yeti and its ilk will be case studies at Wharton.

I really don't see the need to go out and shoot a Yeti cooler no matter what their stance is on anything.

You already purchase it and they could care less what you do with it after they get your money. All I see you doing is causing yourself to have to go out and purchase a new cooler. Speaking for myself I can't afford to go out and ruin a perfectly good cooler that I have already spent my hard earned money on.

As far a their coolers or anything else they sell I have never purchased any of them. I have looked at some and choked when I saw the price of them.

I was just about to buy 2 Yeti cooler for a charity event, now I'm going with Rtic.

I have looked at some and choked when I saw the price of them.

I paid less for my 120qt Coleman "Extreme" when I caught it on clearance at Wally-World last year than the price of a Yeti Tumbler Cup :)

I am sure these new fangled super coolers are awesome... and I have been tempted several times to buy one.. but, the price has been an obstacle for me every time I have gotten close to actually making a purchase.. At the end of the day my 50, 70, and 120 quart colemans have been getting the job done just fine for years, no matter what task I have given them..

When I finally do decide to pick one up.. at this point, you can guarantee it wont be a Yeti though (I was tempted again earlier this week.. and am pretty sure I will finally break down and buy one before the summer hits)..

I was just about to buy 2 Yeti cooler for a charity event, now I'm going with Rtic.
Good move. They are every bit as good. My son-in-law likes my RTIC better than his yeti. You will also save money for the purchase. That is good for the charity or yourself......whoever is paying the bill. :)

As far a their coolers or anything else they sell I have never purchased any of them. I have looked at some and choked when I saw the price of them.

You mean like a $40 plastic bucket???????

upload_2018-4-23_15-12-30.png

Holy Crap!

Its literally just a 5 gallon bucket...

Not a cooler.. and they tell you not to depend on it for keeping ice cold....

I thought I was getting robbed when I paid $9 for my "camo" 5 gallon bucket from Cabelas and another $9 for the cushioned lid for me to sit on when dove hunting..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.34.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.34.49 PM.png
    832.3 KB · Views: 202
Yeti has a statement out on their FB page. That everyone should read, now weather you believes it or not is up to who reads it.

https://www.facebook.com/Yeti

31162281_10156095306930944_8809463225335676928_n.jpg

Reactions: BWH
Clearly one party is lying...

All it takes is providing a little proof to determine who it is..

If Yeti did in fact tell the NRA "our program is changing for everyone, here's the new program"... great.. where is that email? or the form letter that got sent out to the NRA and "other organizations" that all got the same notice?

Or.. how about the NRA come forward with whatever communication they received from Yeti?

They both have a copy of the email/letter/whatever...

So.. lets see it..

Otherwise, I'll take this as Yeti backpedaling.. and BS'ing in an attempt to recover from a clearly stupid mistake..

NRA-ILA's statement was pretty clear.. Yeti told them they no longer wanted to be an NRA vendor, refused to say why, and is declining to do business with the NRA Foundation..

I have a hard time believing that the team of lawyers at NRA-ILA (I know one of them personally) would let that statement get published on the NRA-ILA Legal & Legislation page without fully vetting its content prior to going "public" with it..

es
Clearly one party is lying...

NRA-ILA's statement was pretty clear.. Yeti told them they no longer wanted to be an NRA vendor, refused to say why, and is declining to do business with the NRA Foundation..

I have a hard time believing that the team of lawyers at NRA-ILA (I know one of them personally) would let that statement get published on the NRA-ILA Legal & Legislation page without fully vetting its content prior to going "public" with it..

While I don't know any of the NRA-ILA lawyers personally, I agree that they would not have put that up without it being highly vetted.

And YETI may have discontinued a discount program, but that's a lot different then we will not do business with you anymore. Nothing but trying to save face, and a little too late for now, but in the long run who knows. By the way, YETI talking points telling their brand ambassadors to stick to the script are posted up on Snopes.

yeti_tweet.jpg

Attachments

• yeti_tweet.jpg
    yeti_tweet.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I got one actually believe Yeti..... as I have direct access to them & their discounted products. As well on their vendor program. It is outdated & they have an entire department to facilitate. It’s been needing an overhaul for some time. We are all entitled to our opinions. I would say before you throw the baby out with the bath water.... know your facts, don’t believe everything thing you hear. 2 cents....

es

While I don't know any of the NRA-ILA lawyers personally, I agree that they would not have put that up without it being highly vetted.

And YETI may have discontinued a discount program, but that's a lot different then we will not do business with you anymore. Nothing but trying to save face, and a little too late for now, but in the long run who knows. By the way, YETI talking points telling their brand ambassadors to stick to the script are posted up on Snopes.

yeti_tweet.jpg

There’s a lot of stuff that gets put “out there” without being vetted. Not unusual for knee jerk responses.... Everyone wants to be first one to the fire. I mean my God, just read this thread. You’d think there was a lynching in Austin to be had.

es

yeti_tweet.jpg

The last paragraph pretty much undermines what went before.

They just sent me the corporate response to my note over the weekend.

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

I got one actually believe Yeti..... as I have direct access to them & their discounted products. As well on their vendor program. It is outdated & they have an entire department to facilitate. It’s been needing an overhaul for some time. We are all entitled to our opinions. I would say before you throw the baby out with the bath water.... know your facts, don’t believe everything thing you hear. 2 cents....
Brad, if you had access to the discounts referenced, did you get some type of communication stating you would no longer be receiving that discount? (For once, I am not being a smart ass. Just trying to see if YETI really did send anything out to the customers). I guess if that really is the case, then the NRA owes them an apology for showing their ass....but it seems odd that the NRA would make such a bold statement knowing that Yeti could just provide a copy of some communication and make them look dumb??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanisIap02

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!