No more Yeti's for me

It was predictable with many of the trust funder Toyota Tacomas and Subaru wagons displaying "Yeti" stickers along with every other "trending" sticker.

Yes it is. My guess is, they think the hipsters who are buying beer at their Austin Store on South Congress is their target market. Wait till their Bubba parents who are financing their "Austin experience" cut them off or send them to College Station.

I just realized that I am showing my age, nowdays Bubba would send his kids to College Station, not Austin.
I am just trying to imagine the latte swilling, outdoor wannabe's at REI, who can't afford a Yeti cup, making up the difference.

I think you are correct - they are already at A&M (y)

The boys at RTI are dancing in the aisles at church this morning.

It is really an odd business move. Without some sort of announcement they leave us all speculating. If it was a statement against the NRA then wouldn't it be good to try and cultivate the market yeti is targeting with an announcement? If it is just choosing not to support the NRA event why not do damage control? This non-position just seems like sloppy marketing. I also was actively in the market for a yeti type cooler for my camp up north...I cant think of any reason to buy yeti over their competitors

I have a very long list of companies that I have boycotted. Looks like YETI has been added to that list.

This non-position just seems like sloppy marketing.

I think this likely nails it. Sloppy marketing and a lack of understanding of their target market. They think that loyalty to the Yeti brand will trump everything else I suppose.

Since they wouldn't tell anyone anything it seems that they were just trying to quietly remove themselves from what they viewed as a potential controversy. Why in the world they would think the NRA would let them go quietly is beyond me!

What the Dems don't get, or won't admit, about the NRA is it isn't their lobby dollars that make them so powerful (lots of lobbyists have access to way more money) it's their ability to mobilize the base.

I went to the Rtic website and ordered a 65qt cooler at 0915 this morning.

At 0925 I had an order acknowledgement email.

At 0935 I had a tracking number and shipment confirmation.

They sell all their stuff direct to the consumer. (y)(y)

And if they aren't dancing in the aisle at church this morning, they will be dancing at the office tomorrow morning when they see the uptick in sales that is surely taking place.

I went to the Rtic website and ordered a 65qt cooler at 0915 this morning.

At 0925 I had an order acknowledgement email.

At 0935 I had a tracking number and shipment confirmation.

They sell all their stuff direct to the consumer. (y)(y)

And if they aren't dancing in the aisle at church this morning, they will be dancing at the office tomorrow morning when they see the uptick in sales that is surely taking place.

Good for you, they are sold out of everything but the 45 & 60 quart coolers. I guess by the day of the day they will be out of everything.

An alternate cooler to look into are the ones made by Pelican and they are Made in the USA! Great coolers as well as all their products, top notch.

I just posted on the Yeti FB site, hope it hurts Yeti!

Damn, I have one of their cups and it's awesome. And I bought one just a couple of weeks ago for a friend. Guess that ends my Yeti investment.

I do hope they'll be at the shows again next year as I will let them personally know of my disapproval.

Anymore, I'll be giving out RTIC products as client gifts or marketing goodies.

Damn, I have one of their cups and it's awesome. And I bought one just a couple of weeks ago for a friend. Guess that ends my Yeti investment.

I do hope they'll be at the shows again next year as I will let them personally know of my disapproval.
The R-TIC cups are just as good and less money. My son-in-law has the Yeti and he told me to save money and get the R-TIC brand. I have 2 sizes of cups, a can holder and the large cooler. Mine preforms the same as his when we go out using them and I have a lot less money tied up in mine. Anything new he gets will be R-TIC.
I sent them a polite but firm e-mail letting them know how I feel and that I will spread the word about them stabbing us in the back. I do not see the tree-huggers/anti-gun/anti-hunting sector making up for the decline in sales that the sportsman will hopefully give them.

I just sent out an email to about 40 guys in my position that buy gifts for customers, employees and safety awards. All of these guys are hunters and fisherman. We buy a lot of yeti stuff cumulatively. I suggested RTIC being the new norm when we buy coolers, cups and duffle bags as give always and to let everyone know why they are not getting anymore yeti products. All of these guys love their guns and they in turn know another group of guys that buy promotional items for their companies. Hopefully we can effect their bottom line!

I just sent out an email to about 40 guys in my position that buy gifts for customers, employees and safety awards. All of these guys are hunters and fisherman. We buy a lot of yeti stuff cumulatively. I suggested RTIC being the new norm when we buy coolers, cups and duffle bags as give always and to let everyone know why they are not getting anymore yeti products. All of these guys love their guns and they in turn know another group of guys that buy promotional items for their companies. Hopefully we can effect their bottom line!

http://www.pelican.com/us/en/products/coolers

Yeti needs to be a Darwin awards nominee for 2018.

I foresee more than a few Yeti coolers sitting on the wrong end of a rifle range.

Last edited:
I foresee more than a few Yeti coolers sitting on the wrong end of rifle range.
Maybe with a little tannerite ;)
Gonna be some Youtube videos for sure!

The R-TIC cups are just as good and less money.

I have an Rtic and Yeti cup, both given as gifts.

I agree there is no usable difference between them. Well.... There wasn't a usable difference between them!

I do really like the idea of selling off Yeti products to those who don't care in an effort to further hurt their sales. I will find someone to give my Yeti cup to, just to make sure they don't buy one.

I foresee more than a few Yeti coolers sitting on the wrong end of a rifle range.
Dan, where I live, nearly everyone hunts fishes or shoots, Yeti coolers are as common as pickup trucks. I think someone in Yeti marketing or corporate really stepped on it!

Hopefully Jim Shockey drops them as one of his sponsors, and maybe one of the other cooler companies picks him up.

Dan, where I live, nearly everyone hunts fishes or shoots, Yeti coolers are as common as pickup trucks. I think someone in Yeti marketing or corporate really stepped on it!
Yup, same here. Maybe an email or two (friendly, respectful and supportive) to large sporting goods retailers like Bass Pro, Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc urging them to carry Rtic instead of Yeti would be another way to send a message to Yeti and anti’s that sportsmen are getting well and truly tired of these stunts by activists and extremists. Pretty sure the sporting goods retailers getting on board would increase the effect on an order of magnitude. I’m pretty sure these retailers know their demographic, unlike Yeti.
Would love to see this be a wake up call to anti’s that they should really think twice before targeting sportmen and women and the organizations they belong to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois