Newest Purchase

Earle

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Orillia gun Club, Bancroft Fish and Game Club
Just received my latest on-line purchase. Brno 602 chambered in 416 Rigby. Overall , i'm very pleased with it's condition. To cold to go to the range today, but it feeds and extracts well. Even came with an old Zeiss FX scope. The glass itself is clear as a bell, but until i shoot it, who knows.
Only minor problem is a missing bolt on the forestock. Been in touch with the seller to see if he forgot to package it with the rifle. On the chance that it is indeed lost, anyone know where i can source a replacement? I've included a pic, so there is no confusion as to what i need. Will post more pics after i get it cleaned up and to the range. Thanks

img_0528-jpg.447370

img_0529-jpg.447371

img_0530-jpg.447372

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty obvious issue not to be disclosed by the seller. Don’t shoot it without that bolt.

There's probably a number of places that could make the screw you need but I'd start with Art's Gun Shop. They're pretty easy to find on-line. They specialize in Brownings but I'm sure they can make a screw.

Gun parts, numrich might have some. Look in cz 550 safari parts.
Ktish

Yes, i can't imagine him not disclosing a missing part. I'm hoping he merely overlooked it when packing.
Pretty obvious issue not to be disclosed by the seller. Don’t shoot it without that bolt.

I agree with the others. The seller should have mentioned the missing bolts.

By the way, this rifle is probably a rebarrelling job. The BRNO ZKK602 was only ever manufactured in .358 Norma Magnum, .375 Holland & Holland Magnum and .458 Winchester Magnum.

WTF. Send it back.

Sending it back would cost me around $100 shipping. The needed parts are only about $10. I don't consider it a big deal, just more of a PITA. And ya, i am a little ticked the seller forgot to mention it.
I checked into it and the parts are available thru CZ-USA, unfortunately they do not ship to Canada.

Could that be for the front swivel, since there is a stock screw next to it?

Try Ellwood Epps. They have done enough rebarrel jobs that they probably have one of those screws laying around. I have a .222 on a ZKK 601 action that is set up the same way. Screw may be the same, but not sure. If you need me to measure it let me know. Also I'm sure you realize the screw goes into a sliding dovetail base that fits into a channel under the barrel. It's a loose fit base, to allow for expansion / contraction of the wood. The screw tightens down into the base to pull the barrel snug. Hope you have that part or the screw will do no good.
That's a nice scope. I had one on a ZKK .308 that I owned for several years. Rugged and simple. Good glass. Perfect QD mount set up. Hope you enjoy your new rifle!

Could that be for the front swivel, since there is a stock screw next to it?
That's what I'm thinking. Looks like the MISSING front sling swivel screw on my CZ 550 .458 Lott.

In the interests of clarity, i've posted a pic of the missing pieces. Fore end nut, screw and washer. Parts # 18, 19 and 67 showing on the brno 602 schematic.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 65
The missing screw is not for the front swivel. the most forward screw is, not your missing one. I just checked my brno 602 and cz550. The most forward screw is for the sling swivel on both rifles.

Yes, i know. That is why i posted the pic As shown in the pic, the most forward screw is present.
The missing screw is not for the front swivel. the most forward screw is, not your missing one. I just checked my brno 602 and cz550. The most forward screw is for the sling swivel on both rifles.

Heard back from the seller last night and i am SOL. He "forgot" to mention the missing parts when we discussed purchasing. Sent out several inquiries to various suppliers about parts availability and will visit Epp's this morning. If all else fails, I can order the parts from CZ-USA and have them delivered to friends wintering in Florida and they can forward them to me. PITA, but for what i paid ($900 US) and considering the overall shape of the rifle, I'll grit my teeth and find the parts.

I think you will find it difficult getting the screws through CZ USA. If you have a CZ bbl. it will have what I will call a "sliding T-nut" that the screw screws into. I had a very knowledgable friend (he has been in the firearms business for over 30 years) look for CZ small parts especially screws he was able to get me a couple, but CZ parts are getting scarce. Brownells has a gunsmiths un-theaded screws. Please do not fire that rifle without all three screws being intact and properly tightened. If you think screws are hard to find try finding a good stock! I know!

I believe you purchased a very good rifle at a good price. I sure would not loose it over the fore-end screw & maybe nut. Wayne at AHR may have that screw and T-nut. Normally when a CZ is restocked and or re barreled that screw is deleted. He also may have sold his CZ stock to the company at Lake George Colorado that he is recommending. I am sorry I cannot think of their name at the moment.

I just thought of one other thing. When you do obtain the screw and or nut. Be sure to put a drop of lock tight on the screw before installing. That screw has a nasty habit of becoming loose and then lost.

Yes, i have checked and CZ-USA has the screw and nut in stock. If need be, i will order later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg