Newest Little-Big Bore Ruger

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
Custom Bisley .480 with 3.5" barrel and neat Banded Front Sight,shortened ejector housing and Complete Action Job...Custom Holster of Cape Buffalo and Presentation Walnut Grips Next
Screenshot_20201028-080039_Facebook.jpeg
Screenshot_20200729-150330_Facebook.jpeg
20201021_120132.jpeg
20201027_230037.jpeg
Screenshot_20201106-175603_Messages.jpeg
Screenshot_20200515-134158_GunBroker.jpeg

Very nice. Who did the custom smithing? Given the 3.5" barrel, has it been built as a back up gun or as a primary hunting weapon? Either way its a beautiful piece.

Interesting build for sure. Smart with the smooth grips. I wouldn't want to play with that torque monster wearing stag grips. There was a reason the bird's heads came out fat and smooth. Looks like a .500 Special. That .475 is an excellent companion for a .470 double.

Tom, that front barrel band site is beautiful. I think it would look just as nice on a 6”, 475 belt gun. I may have to discuss it with mr Huntington.

Tom, that front barrel band site is beautiful. I think it would look just as nice on a 6”, 475 belt gun. I may have to discuss it with mr Huntington.
Yes it would...jusy don't be in a hurry with Jack!

I have been trying to get an answer out of Speer for several months to a simple question: what is the time frame for .475" bullets to be available? all that I get is either a canned answer that they are working as fast as they can of a rude one that they will be available when they are available and don't bother them. anyone have a better answer?

Imho, hard cast pistol bullets out-perform jacketed bullets for large animals.

My purpose for the jacketed bullets is to shoot the 470NE for range time plinkers. For large animals I'd be using Woodleighs.

470 NE is a wonderful round, ut it is not screamer. Hard cast bullets can do 2200 fps easy. Powder Coated they can do well over 2400, I really think cast is something you should look into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross