migrabill

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
MBS, SCI, NRA
Hunted
US. Maryland. Kentucky. West Virginia. Ohio. Illinois. Pennsylvania. Delaware.
Newbie here and a newbie to Africa hunting. I have never hunted Africa before, but just made plans to do so. My outfiiter will be Van Wijk Safaris out of South Africa and I will be hunting in the Limpopo. My outfitter uses Bulls Eye Taxidermy. My list of animals includes the 2 that came with the hunt. A Blue Wildebeest and either an Impala OR a Blesbok. I like the horns on the Impala better, but the face of the Blesbok better. Not sure which one I will end up with. Of course we are all limited to what actually crosses our path, but I hope to add a Kudu, a Gemsbok, and a Zebra. If the Kudu or the Gemsbok proves to be too elusive, I will adjust to a Sable as my back up.
I am still in the 'super excited" phase. I am reading and watching everything I can get my hands on. I have 15 months to wait, and at this point my heart will implode before then. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and gals.

Welcome and good luck.

:S Welcome:

Giday migrabill and welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH. You'll be spending a lot of time here. Enjoy.

Craig at Bull's Eye has a great reputation.

Welcome to AH migrabill! Glad you found us.

Welcome migrabl, nice problem to have. Which area of SA will your hunt take place?

Welcome migrabl, nice problem to have. Which area of SA will your hunt take place

Hello migrabill,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome! If you haven't seen the videos or read the guides I recommend The Perfect Shot by Kevin Robertson. It will help you place your shots on some of the differently shaped antelope like hartebeest and wildebeest. Also a good reference for the critters you're likely to see. And get some sticks and go to the range and practice, practice practice!

Newbie here and a newbie to Africa hunting. I have never hunted Africa before, but just made plans to do so. My outfiiter will be Van Wijk Safaris out of South Africa and I will be hunting in the Limpopo. My outfitter uses Bulls Eye Taxidermy. My list of animals includes the 2 that came with the hunt. A Blue Wildebeest and either an Impala OR a Blesbok. I like the horns on the Impala better, but the face of the Blesbok better. Not sure which one I will end up with. Of course we are all limited to what actually crosses our path, but I hope to add a Kudu, a Gemsbok, and a Zebra. If the Kudu or the Gemsbok proves to be too elusive, I will adjust to a Sable as my back up.
I am still in the 'super excited" phase. I am reading and watching everything I can get my hands on. I have 15 months to wait, and at this point my heart will implode before then. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and gals.
Welcome to AH. You have come to the right place. I am so very excited for you to be going to Africa for the first time! I know it seems like a long time away but the 15 months will fly by in a flash. Just be prepared, once will NEVER be enough. Ours was SUPPOSED to be a once in a lifetime experience. That didn’t happen. Happy adventures! Sue

All the best ! Have a great time !

Welcome aboard!

Have fun planning, and welcome to the posting side!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross