New to this Forum.

Welcome the the forum Xavier! Good hunting! Lot's of nice people on here! Brian

Welcome, Xavier. when you hunt with Marius, please don't shoot that really big impala that hangs out on that hill with the big boulder at the top. I'm hoping to save him for my wife to shoot.

Sounds like a big impala is going down! LOL

Jerry,
If I see that ram, I'm dusting him myself... :)

For any of you guys who would like to learn effective trophy estimation...

This is how you tell if its a good one.....

The PH asks to check your gun for you and it accidentally goes off, taking the animal you were just discussing.

If this happens, its big!

Brick,
The story goes as follows:
I had some hunters early last year hunting 2x1 with me. On their wishlist was two Warthogs and two Impalas. One warthog was taken, and both Impalas were already in the salt. We had been busted on a bruiser of a pig the day before, and decided to check the same area the next day as I just had one of those feelings. The Impala as discussed above walked out in this area, and I had heard about him before. Both the hunters' Impalas were already in the salt, remember. I informed the hunter that there is a "good" ram ahead, and if he was interested in taking it. He told me no, as he already had his Impala. I said fine, and took the rifle from him and took aim over the short sticks.
Hunter: "Marius, what are you doing? "
Marius: " Sorry, that ram is just too good to let go, he's going on my wall."
(Hunter grabs the rifle off the sticks and smiles) Hunter: "Hang on, let me have another look"
Impala walks into the brush to be never seen again on that trip. To be a fly on the wall would have been priceless. I estimated him conservatively at 26.
Funny thing is Xavier will be hunting this area when he comes over in August. (but so will I.....)

Jerry,
If I see that ram, I'm dusting him myself... :)
I feel sorry for you, man, you've obviously not ever met my wife when she was angry.

true story. I literally had a man call me and apologize to me for her backing into his truck in a parking lot.

Brick,
The story goes as follows:
I had some hunters early last year hunting 2x1 with me. On their wishlist was two Warthogs and two Impalas. One warthog was taken, and both Impalas were already in the salt. We had been busted on a bruiser of a pig the day before, and decided to check the same area the next day as I just had one of those feelings. The Impala as discussed above walked out in this area, and I had heard about him before. Both the hunters' Impalas were already in the salt, remember. I informed the hunter that there is a "good" ram ahead, and if he was interested in taking it. He told me no, as he already had his Impala. I said fine, and took the rifle from him and took aim over the short sticks.
Hunter: "Marius, what are you doing? "
Marius: " Sorry, that ram is just too good to let go, he's going on my wall."
(Hunter grabs the rifle off the sticks and smiles) Hunter: "Hang on, let me have another look"
Impala walks into the brush to be never seen again on that trip. To be a fly on the wall would have been priceless. I estimated him conservatively at 26.
Funny thing is Xavier will be hunting this area when he comes over in August. (but so will I.....)

Good luck to both of you. May the quickest shot win.

Dear mrlonewolf
Welcome to this great Forum. Take the time to participate in discussions and share your viewpoints.
Enjoy the planning process of your scheduled safari - the planning forms a huge part of the safari.
Namibian greetings from Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg