New scope has arrived

James Adamson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
I had good news yesterday from the police, the restrictions they had put on my licence regarding the 375H&H has been removed. When my licence came back after applying for the 375 it came back with 2 restrictions, firstly I couldn't fire the weapon at all in the UK and secondly it couldn't leave my house unless I was en route to the boat or plane heading for Africa. After writing a fairly stern letter all was sorted and the restrictions were lifted.
Today the new scope for the 375 arrived, a leupold VX3i 1.5-5x20. So two good days in a row
All I need now is a calm day to zero and I will be delighted.

Screenshot_20210325-152549_Instagram.jpg

I had good news yesterday from the police, the restrictions they had put on my licence regarding the 375H&H has been removed. When my licence came back after applying for the 375 it came back with 2 restrictions, firstly I couldn't fire the weapon at all in the UK and secondly it couldn't leave my house unless I was en route to the boat or plane heading for Africa. After writing a fairly stern letter all was sorted and the restrictions were lifted.
Today the new scope for the 375 arrived, a leupold VX3i 1.5-5x20. So two good days in a row
All I need now is a calm day to zero and I will be delighted.

View attachment 394779
What do you put in your stern letter?
When I renewed my licence I put a letter and valid reasons as to why I should have the restrictions lifted and they told me that because I have a .243 and 30-06 alread cleared to use in the UK, I don't need a .375H&H or .300WinMag as well so my restrictions would remain.

What do you put in your stern letter?
When I renewed my licence I put a letter and valid reasons as to why I should have the restrictions lifted and they told me that because I have a .243 and 30-06 alread cleared to use in the UK, I don't need a .375H&H or .300WinMag as well so my restrictions would remain.
I will PM you.

It seems we in South Africa are fortunate to have as many rifle and as many calibers if you have a Hunter`s Dedicated status or a Shooter`s dedicated status..here we do not have restrictions on calibers at all...50 cal. 500 Jeffery .72 Cl Pederzolli black powder rifles..everthing goes here :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good scope! Nice looking setup

Beautiful set up. How about a little more about the rifle. :E Drooling:

Beautiful set up. How about a little more about the rifle. :E Drooling:
The rifle is a cabelas special edition 1 of 200, made in 2012 to commemorate 100 years of 375H&H. It's a super grade made to pre 64 spec. I weighed it today with the scope, sling and 3 bullets and it came in at 10lb 12oz. I cant get over how little recoil there is, it fits me like a glove and with the weight it is very easy on the shoulder.

Reading about these restriction, to me it is unbeleivable!
But also, I am glad it is sorted out!
Congrats on your rifle, and restrictions being lifted.

Congratulations on having the restrictions lifted and the new scope.
The scope is a great choice for a 375, or just about any DG caliber.
Beautiful combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you