New scope has arrived

James Adamson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
I had good news yesterday from the police, the restrictions they had put on my licence regarding the 375H&H has been removed. When my licence came back after applying for the 375 it came back with 2 restrictions, firstly I couldn't fire the weapon at all in the UK and secondly it couldn't leave my house unless I was en route to the boat or plane heading for Africa. After writing a fairly stern letter all was sorted and the restrictions were lifted.
Today the new scope for the 375 arrived, a leupold VX3i 1.5-5x20. So two good days in a row
All I need now is a calm day to zero and I will be delighted.

Screenshot_20210325-152549_Instagram.jpg

I had good news yesterday from the police, the restrictions they had put on my licence regarding the 375H&H has been removed. When my licence came back after applying for the 375 it came back with 2 restrictions, firstly I couldn't fire the weapon at all in the UK and secondly it couldn't leave my house unless I was en route to the boat or plane heading for Africa. After writing a fairly stern letter all was sorted and the restrictions were lifted.
Today the new scope for the 375 arrived, a leupold VX3i 1.5-5x20. So two good days in a row
All I need now is a calm day to zero and I will be delighted.

View attachment 394779
What do you put in your stern letter?
When I renewed my licence I put a letter and valid reasons as to why I should have the restrictions lifted and they told me that because I have a .243 and 30-06 alread cleared to use in the UK, I don't need a .375H&H or .300WinMag as well so my restrictions would remain.

What do you put in your stern letter?
When I renewed my licence I put a letter and valid reasons as to why I should have the restrictions lifted and they told me that because I have a .243 and 30-06 alread cleared to use in the UK, I don't need a .375H&H or .300WinMag as well so my restrictions would remain.
I will PM you.

It seems we in South Africa are fortunate to have as many rifle and as many calibers if you have a Hunter`s Dedicated status or a Shooter`s dedicated status..here we do not have restrictions on calibers at all...50 cal. 500 Jeffery .72 Cl Pederzolli black powder rifles..everthing goes here :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good scope! Nice looking setup

Beautiful set up. How about a little more about the rifle. :E Drooling:

Beautiful set up. How about a little more about the rifle. :E Drooling:
The rifle is a cabelas special edition 1 of 200, made in 2012 to commemorate 100 years of 375H&H. It's a super grade made to pre 64 spec. I weighed it today with the scope, sling and 3 bullets and it came in at 10lb 12oz. I cant get over how little recoil there is, it fits me like a glove and with the weight it is very easy on the shoulder.

Reading about these restriction, to me it is unbeleivable!
But also, I am glad it is sorted out!
Congrats on your rifle, and restrictions being lifted.

Congratulations on having the restrictions lifted and the new scope.
The scope is a great choice for a 375, or just about any DG caliber.
Beautiful combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg