New old guy from the Rockies

Wanted to say hello. Have appreciated the threads/discussions over the years and the things I've gleaned, figured I'd go official with an intro. Born and bred in the rockies, love hunting anything really. Been to Africa 3 times and 3 more trips planned 23'-24'. Currently looking at places in Swakopmund to eventually retire if I can convince the Mrs....lol.
Welcome to the site, Swakopmund is a beautiful area, I’ve only been there once but it was a great experience and a well kept and clean place (at least all the parts we saw). Looking forward to seeing some reports come through on your current planned hunts!

Kind regards
Aj Fourie.

Welcome welcome welcome

Greetings from a Utah neighbor-welcome to the site, will be glad to read some of your future and past adventures

Welcome to AH. A big change from Idaho to Namibia.

Rented a car in Windhoek and did a week or so around Swakopmund last summer before a trip into Botswana with Tholo. Wife wanted to see the flamingos, the dunes and The Skeleton Coast. Stark country. Had a blast

:S Welcome:

Thank you sir! I assume you're located in the Khomas mountains? My first trip to Africa as a younger man was there. Most memorable trip of my life. Used to have 60" kudu running around back then.

Hi again Wathe208,

You are most welcome.
And yes, Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris is located in the Khomas Hochland Highlands.
I am only the USA Representative for Khomas Safaris.
Therefore, I live in the USA, (Anchorage Alaska to be specific).
Believe me, when my home state here is frozen solid … pretty much the last two weeks of October through the first two weeks of April … I do find myself wishing that I lived up in the mountains of the Khomas Hochland.

As for 60” kudus, judging from the plentiful Kudus I have seen up there, I suspect there still might be one that size here and there, living in those remote canyons.
However, since most of that specific part of Namibia is not high fenced, it is true “free range” hunting conditions.
As such, 60 inchers are not exactly jumping into the truck every day. LoL
Anyway, wherever you decide to go, Best Wishes for your future hunt / hunts.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome to AH!

Wanted to say hello. Have appreciated the threads/discussions over the years and the things I've gleaned, figured I'd go official with an intro. Born and bred in the rockies, love hunting anything really. Been to Africa 3 times and 3 more trips planned 23'-24'. Currently looking at places in Swakopmund to eventually retire if I can convince the Mrs....lol.
Welcome!!! There are no old guys on here!!!(just guys with some age to us) lol!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum.
I am Wayne Muller from Boss Safaris and Outfitters. Our outfit is based in Limpopo, about 30 min from
Phalaborwa. This area is one of the best hunting destinations in South Africa, and one of the last true
areas in the country where you can hunt alongside the Big 5. In addition, we have hunting concessions in
every province, where we pursue species in their natural habitat.
We cater to rifle and bow hunters, and offer photographic safaris and tours to the Kruger National Park
and surroundings. We are a one stop shop in the safari business.
Please feel free to visit our website for more information and thank you for your consideration. If you
have any questions about our Safaris, please send me a message or email me directly
(wayne@bosssafaris.com)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg