Mike Bryant

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, SCI, NMLRA
Hunted
Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana
I have always been enthralled with Africa and African hunting. I'm sure everyone on this website feels the same way. I have hunted in Botswana, Tanzania, and Zambia. Each was a memorable experience. Like many of you, Peter Hathaway Capstick was and still is my favorite African author. It doesn't matter if he took artistic license with the truth. He was a great story teller and I believe he almost single handedly resurrected the African safari business.
However, I have recently purchased both volumes of Steve Christensen's books when they were placed on sale from Safari Press. He may now become my favorite author. His books are very entertaining, easy to read, and he has hunted in places that I remember well.
I was curious as to whether his PH, Willie Engelbrecht was still active in the hunting world so I did an internet search and found this website. Sadly he has passed on.
I live in Montana which is no stranger to great hunting and I'm blessed to enjoy the Last Best Place's great game fields. I've hunted from the Arctic to the Mexican border and I love it, but Africa? Well, it's Africa, right?

Welcome to AH Mike

Welcome to AH Mike!

Welcome aboard!

Well Mike we do like writers here and since you have been to three incredible locations hunting in Africa perhaps you will take a spin on your keyboard and share your experiences with us. Do include some pictures.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH! Would love to hear a few stories and welcome any advice you have to share.

Welcome :S Welcome:

Glad to have you Mike.

Welcome Mike, glad to have another MT guy on here. I spend most of my time in Houston but in November you can bet I will be chasing elk in the Gravelies!
Enjoy the site,
Cody

Welcome to AH Mike! You'll fit right in and I hope that you'll share some of your experiences with all of us!

Thank you gentlemen for your comments. It's a great day in Montana. They all are, just some better than others. I do on occasion try to write a story or two, so I will endeavor to add some tales for your perusal. They will, of course, be totally factual without any embellishment or self aggradation.
In the meantime, antelope season opens with the sunrise Saturday morning and I will be wandering the sage covered hills of the northern prairies looking to close the distance on an unsuspecting buck. I think this year I will carry my Adams and Sons old side hammer double, 450 X 3 1/4" BPE. It's (Mostly) regulated for 50 yards. It's not like I haven't killed pronghorn before, so why not extend my time in the field?

Welcome to AH!

Hi Mike, welcome to AH !

Welcome!

We all like good hunting stories! You must have quite a few! Welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg