New member intro

Another Canadian eh? Welcome! Just a word of caution, not many hunt Africa ‘once’, its an addictive drug and not easily overcome.
Thanks, an Africa addiction could be the death of me, but it'll be a nice way to go. Really nice list of places you've hunted by the way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Looks like a Suffield Elk in your Avatar. Nice bull.

Welcome to AH.
You're just one province off, a Saskatchewan southern zones draw elk, my first. Thanks for the compliment and the welcome.
 
Hello! Where in Sask you from? Zone 19 elk?
 
Welcome! How about a better picture of tha bull and a little story behind it!
Cheers,
Cody
Finally drew a 2017 elk tag after many years of trying in my home province. Although very close I had no luck in the early season. I was hunting on a friends land when he spotted it at more than a mile away, bull was by himself and slowly heading back to a no hunting area. After a "bit" of a scramble to get to him, found he had actually laid down in the wide open. We got to within a hundred yards and then he heard us, he got up, saw us and decided we were trouble. I shot him running and slightly quartering away. He went right down (a nice surprise) but needed a coup de gras to make it quick. Took me six days to get him, but the hardest parts of the hunt were still getting drawn and getting permission to hunt where the elk were. His left side is quite a bit weaker and he had an older injury to his right hoof and fetlock. Sorry about the poor picture but although I think the internet is a great tool I also think people should guard their personal information far more. I don't do much social media because of that.

Thanks, JP

Untitled.jpg
 
Hello! Where in Sask you from? Zone 19 elk?
I live north of S'toon. Zone that I was drawn for was a zone straight North of 19. ;)
 
Hi and welcome great place to source all your info

Regards
 
Hi,

Finally decided that I have to put hunting Africa at least once on the bucket list. I'm sure to post questions that many of you will have very helpful information on.

Thanks in advance, JP
Welcome JP - Namibia is the best place to introduce you to hunting in Africa.... Please have a look at our web site and do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of any assistance in planning your dream African Safari
 
Welcome JP - Namibia is the best place to introduce you to hunting in Africa.... Please have a look at our web site and do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of any assistance in planning your dream African Safari

Thanks,
 
Welcome to AH !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,663
Members
169,811
Latest member
Johnlliamjames
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top