New Member from SC

JE245

AH member
Joined
Mar 15, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
115
Location
South Carolina
Media
24
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA, NWTF, DU
Hunted
South Africa, SC, NC, GA, FL, KS, IL, MO, TX
Hello to all! I would first like to say how much I enjoy this site and thank you for the information and enlightenment I have gained from it. Last year when the DSC came to Atlanta, I was able to talk my wife and oldest son into going with me to the convention. Little did I know that the trip to snow bound Atlanta would change my direction. My wife absolutely loved the show and before we left for home, she had booked us a hunt for SA in June 2026. She has never been able to go on our Midwestern deer hunts or the out of state duck hunts and she said she wanted to do something where she could come along. She is as excited as I am and has had a great time purchasing her safari outfits. We attended the DSC again this year and also the SCI and have made reservations for next year. We have booked hunts for BC next year and back to SA for 2028. I think we have both been bit by the “bug”. I’m excited to start this journey.
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome! Any particular animals you are targeting for this year's safari?
 
My main targets this trip will be a Cape Buffalo and a crocodile. Originally I had planned on buffalo and a kudu, however, after having dinner with our PH in Atlanta and Nashville they have sold me on a big croc that has been hanging close to camp. My two sons are going with us and they will be targeting the PG, which will hopefully include a kudu and a sable. I have learned by reading here that we will need to be flexible and take an opportunity if and when it arises.
 
My main targets this trip will be a Cape Buffalo and a crocodile. Originally I had planned on buffalo and a kudu, however, after having dinner with our PH in Atlanta and Nashville they have sold me on a big croc that has been hanging close to camp. My two sons are going with us and they will be targeting the PG, which will hopefully include a kudu and a sable. I have learned by reading here that we will need to be flexible and take an opportunity if and when it arises.
How wonderful you all get to take a safari together! Take tons of pictures, some videos, you’ll have lots of memories to cherish for the rest of your life. Cape buffalo and croc, formidable trophies to go after, good for you!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to the forum.

Hope you all are successful in your hunts and you each post a hunting report so we can also enjoy in your excitement of your trip.
 
Thank you. This forum has been a wealth of information in our planning and preparation.
 
Welcome!
What part of South Carolina are you from?
What outfitter are you hunting with, sounds like an outstanding family trip!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome from a fellow SC member!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the forum, this bug is a dangerous one
 
Welcome!
What part of South Carolina are you from?
What outfitter are you hunting with, sounds like an outstanding family trip!
We are from the Lexington area. We are hunting with Ross and Jonathan with Monterra safaris.
 
Hello to all! I would first like to say how much I enjoy this site and thank you for the information and enlightenment I have gained from it. Last year when the DSC came to Atlanta, I was able to talk my wife and oldest son into going with me to the convention. Little did I know that the trip to snow bound Atlanta would change my direction. My wife absolutely loved the show and before we left for home, she had booked us a hunt for SA in June 2026. She has never been able to go on our Midwestern deer hunts or the out of state duck hunts and she said she wanted to do something where she could come along. She is as excited as I am and has had a great time purchasing her safari outfits. We attended the DSC again this year and also the SCI and have made reservations for next year. We have booked hunts for BC next year and back to SA for 2028. I think we have both been bit by the “bug”. I’m excited to start this journey.
I am Rare Breed, Craig Hodnett. My son Hunter Hodnett (of course I named him Hunter) lives in Greenville SC. I would love to hook you up with him if you live close. PM me if you do he wants to go to Africa and has never been
 
We are from the Lexington area. We are hunting with Ross and Jonathan with Monterra safaris.
I lived in Sumter for a summer, lived adjacent to Shaw AFB. Also spent parts of several years in Greenville, when in Greenville would go up to the Chatooga river trout fishing, good times.
 
Welcome from Chattanooga, TN!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,404
Members
169,559
Latest member
ModestoShe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top