New member from Pennsylvania

gildy

New member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada, RSA
Hi everyone. I live near Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I grew up in South Dakota and have lived in Iowa and Indiana.
As a kid I hunted small game, waterfowl, pheasants and deer. When I moved to Iowa, I began bowhunting and that is mostly what I do now.
I've been fortunate enough to hunt deer, pronghorn antelope, and bears here in North America. In 2008 I was blessed to be able to hunt in RSA with Srewart Dorrington at Melorani Safaris where I took 2 impala, 2 warthogs, a gorgeous kudu and a great blue wildebeest.
 
Welcome to AH gildy! Good to have another bowhunter amongst us. Share with us some of the trophies that you took in South Africa last year. Are you planning another hunting safari in Africa?
 
Welcome gildy and let your arrows fly straight!
 
I don't have a return trip planned yet, but I definitely want to go back. I never did get a gemsbok or zebra, so that is the excuse I am using for my wife. Next time maybe Namibia, although I would happily return to visit Melorani Safaris again.
 

Attachments

  • KuduSide1.jpg
    KuduSide1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 181
  • Wildebeest2.jpg
    Wildebeest2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 199

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,122
Members
169,115
Latest member
perstivjoper1981
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top