New member from Pennsylvania

gildy

Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada, RSA
Hi everyone. I live near Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I grew up in South Dakota and have lived in Iowa and Indiana.
As a kid I hunted small game, waterfowl, pheasants and deer. When I moved to Iowa, I began bowhunting and that is mostly what I do now.
I've been fortunate enough to hunt deer, pronghorn antelope, and bears here in North America. In 2008 I was blessed to be able to hunt in RSA with Srewart Dorrington at Melorani Safaris where I took 2 impala, 2 warthogs, a gorgeous kudu and a great blue wildebeest.

Welcome to AH gildy! Good to have another bowhunter amongst us. Share with us some of the trophies that you took in South Africa last year. Are you planning another hunting safari in Africa?

Welcome gildy and let your arrows fly straight!

I don't have a return trip planned yet, but I definitely want to go back. I never did get a gemsbok or zebra, so that is the excuse I am using for my wife. Next time maybe Namibia, although I would happily return to visit Melorani Safaris again.

Attachments

• KuduSide1.jpg
    KuduSide1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 82
  • Wildebeest2.jpg
    Wildebeest2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 112

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!