New Member from Florida

Welcome aboard!
 
raytraps, after reading about your previous hunts and the rifles you own, I'd have to say that you are pretty well set. I too have a push feed 375 H&H and was hesitant to take it to Africa as well. Be patient, a suitable CRF will show up. Please be advised that some but not all CZ 550(s) have had feeding problems. Those problems can best be sorted out by a knowledgeable gunsmith, although a few folks have done it themselves. Keep your eyes open for a BRNO ZKK 602 in 375 H&H as well. They were the precursor to the CZ 550(s.)
 
raytraps, after reading about your previous hunts and the rifles you own, I'd have to say that you are pretty well set. I too have a push feed 375 H&H and was hesitant to take it to Africa as well. Be patient, a suitable CRF will show up. Please be advised that some but not all CZ 550(s) have had feeding problems. Those problems can best be sorted out by a knowledgeable gunsmith, although a few folks have done it themselves. Keep your eyes open for a BRNO ZKK 602 in 375 H&H as well. They were the precursor to the CZ 550(s.)
Thank you for the info. I am also considering a kimber 8400 caprivi. Do you have any thoughts on the Kimber? Thanks again
 
Hello raytraps,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I too am a fan of the .375 H&H cartridge, as well as the CZ 550 Magnum rifle, the Brno 602 Magnum, the Whitworth Express Mauser and the controlled round / Mauser type, powerful extractor versions of the Winchester Model 70.
Also, if I could afford to spend $10,000.us upward, I would love a genuine Oberndorf Square Bridge Magnum Mauser Model ‘98, in .375 H&H, claw mounted with an Austro-German, 4X scope.
Or, I would settle for a Brevex Mauser of the same lines and specs………
Oh well.

Last but not least, I wish I could comment on the Kimber Caprivi rifles.
They look pretty good, both in pictures and I did see one in person one time, in a sporting goods store, many years ago.
But alas, I have no experience with any Kimber rifle and I do not even know anyone who has one.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I’ve seen a few 375s in CZs and a Zastava on gunbroker lately, you might want to check there.
I also hunted out of Ivory Camp with Omjevee last year. When were you there? I was there in late September. Great place and lots and lots of game.
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome aboard. I’ve seen a few 375s in CZs and a Zastava on gunbroker lately, you might want to check there.
I also hunted out of Ivory Camp with Omjevee last year. When were you there? I was there in late September. Great place and lots and lots of game.
I was there in mid July. I loved it and am going back on the 6th of July to the 1st. of August.
 
Hello raytraps,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I too am a fan of the .375 H&H cartridge, as well as the CZ 550 Magnum rifle, the Brno 602 Magnum, the Whitworth Express Mauser and the controlled round / Mauser type, powerful extractor versions of the Winchester Model 70.
Also, if I could afford to spend $10,000.us upward, I would love a genuine Oberndorf Square Bridge Magnum Mauser Model ‘98, in .375 H&H, claw mounted with an Austro-German, 4X scope.
Or, I would settle for a Brevex Mauser of the same lines and specs………
Oh well.

Last but not least, I wish I could comment on the Kimber Caprivi rifles.
They look pretty good, both in pictures and I did see one in person one time, in a sporting goods store, many years ago.
But alas, I have no experience with any Kimber rifle and I do not even know anyone who has one.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
Thank you for the information. My PH had a Kimber which I hunted with. It worked well but this year I want to take my own rifle. I have a Christensen 375 but I think I want a controlled feed which the Christensen is not.
 
Thank you for the information. My PH had a Kimber which I hunted with. It worked well but this year I want to take my own rifle. I have a Christensen 375 but I think I want a controlled feed which the Christensen is not.
You’re welcome.
When you get time, have a peep at:

www.gunsinternational.com

Use the search feature and just type in:

.375 H&H

There will be many to choose from and the list is updated daily.
Cheers.
 
Welcome to the posting side. Enjoy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,447
Members
169,748
Latest member
neosertedist1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top