New Mauser vs New Rigby

Are these already built?
Rigby & Mauser .
Daniel,
Both Rigby and Mauser are rifles, basically built for the Rack. Although you can order a Rigby with a limited number of options. Not sure about the Mauser as far as upgrades go.

JP

the rigby will ultimately have better resale , the rigby has its own office with real people that pick up the phone ,they have the support one wants when spending good money on something. and rigby does do some hand finishing of the stocks according to them , I do like the rigby style rib that is a copy of the original this is a pic of mine
1653309164673.jpeg

Daniel,
Both Rigby and Mauser are rifles, basically built for the Rack. Although you can order a Rigby with a limited number of options. Not sure about the Mauser as far as upgrades go.

JP
Thank You! .. I have never seen, in person, any of the collection I moved forward on.
I took years with diligent distributers to send photos & measurements on finished firearms.

I'd have a hard time building, trying to picture the end result, there can be endless layers with some manufacturers. Rigby, really nice indeed.

I do like it's LOP
What is a "22" Stepped Barrel" Or what does Stepped mean?

Last edited:
Thank You! .. I have never seen, in person, any of the collection I moved forward on.
I took years with diligent distributers to send photos & measurements on finished firearms.

I'd have a hard time building, trying to picture the end result, there can be endless layers with some manufacturers. Rigby, really nice indeed.

I do like it's LOP
It really is beautiful, like the traditional look more every time. Sounds Heavy, but idk? you like what you like, Amen!
They didn't hesitate to respond to an email not long ago, that's pivotal.

All the best.
I remain, wbr,
Daniel

biggame-desktop1-1920x550.png

I do like it's LOP
the stepped barrel is 22" straight taper it has a step down just before the barrel band ,the original guns were like this ,mine which is pictured above is a 24" barrel without the step. correct/ original would be 24 with step

I do like it's LOP

Here you can see both the old and the new .416 Rigby M98s in use and notice the differences between them.

Here you can see both the old and the new .416 Rigby M98s in use and notice the differences between them.
Thank you for the Film!
I had to look back as I thought I emailed Rigby when this thread opened, simply intrigued. Stunning rifle, & was curios if they do a 500 J?
They do have some in production, "it's on London's Best" though.
Magnificent
londonbest-desktop1-1920x550.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the Film!
I had to look back as I thought I emailed Rigby when this thread opened, simply intrigued. Stunning rifle, & was curios if they do a 500 J?
They do have some in production, "it's on London's Best" though.
MagnificentView attachment 469464
Not as i know of about the .500 J, but they have the .450 Rigby .

But this firm they have .500 J ,.505 Gibbs and many other cartridges on several models.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 6.57.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 6.57.04 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 6.57.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 6.57.07 AM.png
    499.3 KB · Views: 61
Here in Sweden I would probably choose the Mauser since they seem to be selling out them at discounted prices (about 7500 USD) while the Rigby is like 15 000 USD imported from Britain. However if the price would be the same it would be a really easy decision (ie choosing Rigby):)

A side note, in my local gun shop they will import samo sakos, african line. New sako 375 hh, retail price will be cca 9000 eur.
Bottom line, mauser 98 in that case is bargain.

Just get the Rigby. My 416 is the plain Jane PH model. I love it. Took her out to try out some different projectiles. She is a joy to shoot. First target is 3 shots over the bag at 25 meters.

25 IMG_3401.jpg

Threw a patch over those holes and then 3 more shots over the bag and then 4 from the standing position.

7 image0.jpeg

Final target is 4 shots over the bag at 100 yards.
100 image1.jpeg

Nice shooting @R eight
The open iron sights on the Rigby Big Game is the best there is. It is also the main reason I took the trouble sourcing a vintage Rigby Big Game. It has the best open sight solution of all.
There are some small differences on the sights between the vintage and the new Rigby Big Game but for all practical purposes, its the same. Non better, non equal, its the best;p

@Accidental Villain
Could you post a photo of Rigby big game open iron sights? I am corious how they look like.
Thanks.

@Accidental Villain
Could you post a photo of Rigby big game open iron sights? I am corious how they look like.
Thanks.
Sure, will do. I`m going on a BBQ with some coworkers this evening but will try to keep the number of beers at a minimum and have some pictures taken:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross