New hobby

Very nice work.
Full horizontal crossdraw sheath?
Looks very similar to my Ramos custom.
yep its a full horizontal. A good friend of mine is a game keeper (British version of a PH) and I remember him saying how annoying he finds a vertical carry sheath. Not only that but if you end up upside down for some odd reason you got your knife handy.
 
@mdwest regarding a forge... can’t it double as a pizza oven? Now it sounds like a gift to the family!

I enjoy reading this thread and looking at what you Gents can make.

One of the @Von Gruff knives I got and gifted in February was used last weekend by its owner: a 14 year old boy processing his first archery deer. Beautiful knife!
 
Norfolk
Very Nice, hope we can meet again at another AH dinner when things go back to normal.

I cheated and would purchase ground blanks from a guy in Idaho Falls. I built them for my kids. The sheaths were premade and I would soak fit in beeswax and a saddle conditioner. Someday I’ll work up to the complete but I enjoyed it and my kids prize theirs.

8A2BAB53-70B4-4CBE-8073-120B82A6E6EB.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The few scandi edge knives that I have used seemed to want to cut in a circle, which I presumed was the direction of the edge. but maybe it was just me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,407
Members
169,561
Latest member
DPALorene0
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top