New here from SoDak

Dirty_Dave95

AH member
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
19
Reaction score
35
Location
Rapid City SD
Media
10
Hunted
South Africa
Thought I would introduce myself and make a profile on here after getting back from my first safari in SA. My name is David Williams and I’m 31 and currently reside in western South Dakota. My first trip to Africa was a riot and our group had a lot of fun. We are already planning our 28 safari trip to hopefully take a few hippos as a group, and I’ll be hunting buffalo again-I’m addicted now
1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49-jpeg.797476

DSC08844.jpeg
dc37bd37-982f-4d8d-a480-727822ce7864.jpeg
a2159065-eff2-418c-9e42-abc14eed2a44.jpeg
DSC09120.jpeg
f09ce7f1-45de-4eb8-bf5c-69743bd021a5.jpeg
b9bf1ba6-de67-44c9-bd7c-786f0c056c72.jpeg
0115996b-7650-4a11-ab9c-6de5b4a95fd1.jpg
b87a6a32-fe0f-4373-9a4b-663a983ee0ba.jpg
e9b1900c-60ce-43cb-997f-0183285ec261.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49.jpeg
    1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH David!
 
Welcome! Where in SoDak are you? I’ll be out there in a couple of weeks for my annual pheasant and grouse hunting trip.
 
Nice. I’ll be hunting around Pierre. Love chasing grouse in the grasslands. Then with a farmer I know outside Highmore for a few days.
 
Nice. I’ll be hunting around Pierre. Love chasing grouse in the grasslands. Then with a farmer I know outside Highmore for a few days.
Chicken and sharptail numbers are down this year but not terrible. Between the bird dogs and the hound dogs I stay pretty busy when I'm not working.
 
They were down to be down a bit. I’ve had some of the best hunting ever the last 3-4 years. I’ve been coming out there since 2004.
 
Welcome! I live north of Sundance, but work out of Belle Fourche. There are a few of us from the area on this forum. It’s a great resource.
Must be closer to Aladdin or Hulette? We run cats over there every so often. Good friend of mine has a barndo by the entrance to the north Bear lodge.
 
Thought I would introduce myself and make a profile on here after getting back from my first safari in SA. My name is David Williams and I’m 31 and currently reside in western South Dakota. My first trip to Africa was a riot and our group had a lot of fun. We are already planning our 28 safari trip to hopefully take a few hippos as a group, and I’ll be hunting buffalo again-I’m addicted now
1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49-jpeg.797476
Welcome dave! Glad to have you aboard, and you took some beautiful animals!!
 
Must be closer to Aladdin or Hulette? We run cats over there every so often. Good friend of mine has a barndo by the entrance to the north Bear lodge.
I’m between Aladdin and Sundance not far from Cook Lake. Definitely some alright lion hunting over here with the exception of last winter unless you have some good bare ground hounds.
 
Welcome ! Hunted Camp Crook for Antelope a few years back. With a bow. Got braced by a badger and rattled by several rattlesnakes! Great people and fun in S.D. This was my second trip as I shot a nice buffalo there at The Michelson's "SP" Ranch too!
 
Welcome here! Western SD is a fine area, great folks and nice country. I know Rapid City well.
Quite an African bag you filled; no wonder you're now addicted. See you around AH, and good hunting!
 
Welcome ! Hunted Camp Crook for Antelope a few years back. With a bow. Got braced by a badger and rattled by several rattlesnakes! Great people and fun in S.D. This was my second trip as I shot a nice buffalo there at The Michelson's "SP" Ranch too!
Great area for it! I took my first antelope not far from there.
 
Welcome here! Western SD is a fine area, great folks and nice country. I know Rapid City well.
Quite an African bag you filled; no wonder you're now addicted. See you around AH, and good hunting!
There was something about hunting buffalo and eland that really lit a fire in my soul. I don’t quite have the words for it.
 
:S Welcome:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,365
Messages
1,574,337
Members
170,011
Latest member
leosneezosol1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top