New here from SoDak

Dirty_Dave95

New member
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Location
Rapid City SD
Hunted
South Africa
Thought I would introduce myself and make a profile on here after getting back from my first safari in SA. My name is David Williams and I’m 31 and currently reside in western South Dakota. My first trip to Africa was a riot and our group had a lot of fun. We are already planning our 28 safari trip to hopefully take a few hippos as a group, and I’ll be hunting buffalo again-I’m addicted now
1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49-jpeg.797476
 

Attachments

  • 1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49.jpeg
    1af467d4d27fd1dc033ed8ec2bde3b49.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC08844.jpeg
    DSC08844.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 7
  • dc37bd37-982f-4d8d-a480-727822ce7864.jpeg
    dc37bd37-982f-4d8d-a480-727822ce7864.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 8
  • a2159065-eff2-418c-9e42-abc14eed2a44.jpeg
    a2159065-eff2-418c-9e42-abc14eed2a44.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC09120.jpeg
    DSC09120.jpeg
    9.3 MB · Views: 7
  • f09ce7f1-45de-4eb8-bf5c-69743bd021a5.jpeg
    f09ce7f1-45de-4eb8-bf5c-69743bd021a5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • b9bf1ba6-de67-44c9-bd7c-786f0c056c72.jpeg
    b9bf1ba6-de67-44c9-bd7c-786f0c056c72.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 0115996b-7650-4a11-ab9c-6de5b4a95fd1.jpg
    0115996b-7650-4a11-ab9c-6de5b4a95fd1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 5
  • b87a6a32-fe0f-4373-9a4b-663a983ee0ba.jpg
    b87a6a32-fe0f-4373-9a4b-663a983ee0ba.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
  • e9b1900c-60ce-43cb-997f-0183285ec261.jpg
    e9b1900c-60ce-43cb-997f-0183285ec261.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to AH David!
 
Welcome! Where in SoDak are you? I’ll be out there in a couple of weeks for my annual pheasant and grouse hunting trip.
 
Nice. I’ll be hunting around Pierre. Love chasing grouse in the grasslands. Then with a farmer I know outside Highmore for a few days.
 
Nice. I’ll be hunting around Pierre. Love chasing grouse in the grasslands. Then with a farmer I know outside Highmore for a few days.
Chicken and sharptail numbers are down this year but not terrible. Between the bird dogs and the hound dogs I stay pretty busy when I'm not working.
 
They were down to be down a bit. I’ve had some of the best hunting ever the last 3-4 years. I’ve been coming out there since 2004.
 
They were down to be down a bit. I’ve had some of the best hunting ever the last 3-4 years. I’ve been coming out there since 2004.
This year they are definitely down compared to the last 3. 2 years ago we had some of the best numbers ever.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,400
Members
169,747
Latest member
nexttanebir1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top