New guy from Nebraska

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!!! The enablers here will make you smile, their knowledge will floor you, and the breadth of experience is beyond belief!

Welcome to AH!

45bthompson, welcome to the AH forum! Oh you’re going to have a grand time on your first (of many I’m sure!) Africa adventure!

Hello 45bthompson,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello hunters! I am an avid whitetail and upland game hunter from Nebraska. I am planning my first hunt in South Africa for next April. I am excited to have found this forum and have already learned quite a bit from lurking for just a day.
Also from Nebraska ... at least, from age 17 - 42 I lived in the Omaha area.

A hunt in the R.S.A., '12/08 was my 1st big game hunt. Would like to get back to hunt white-tail in Nebraska ... they were huge compared to those I've seen elsewhere.

I was out all day yesterday, didn't see any deer. I heard what sounded like an angy big cat. Sounded way deeper than any house cat I've heard. I hope I don't have a mountain lion on my property.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome and be advised you will be planning your second safari on your way home from first. I have a hunting cabin in the middle of platte river between Kearney and Grand Island. Where is your property

Welcome and be advised you will be planning your second safari on your way home from first. I have a hunting cabin in the middle of platte river between Kearney and Grand Island. Where is your property
Down by Brownville.

Don’t know where Brownville is but have had some very happy days in southern part of Nebraska. Saving for safari next summer so can’t afford the whitetail opener this weekend but will be there in spirit! You live in a special part of the world and visiting Africa will be awesome-so many different species and wonderful country they live in-keep saving and planning and make your dream come true

Thanks, yeah south eastern Nebraska is good ground for whitetail. I have one buck in particular I'm looking for. I've watched him for years and would've taken him last year if I had the opportunity. Hopefully I'll get on him first because I bowhunt. He stays nocturnal other than the rut. I just need him to come around before rifle season starts.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg