New Guy from Indiana

TheGrayRider

AH fanatic
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
549
Reaction score
2,453
Location
Indiana
Media
53
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
NWTF/RMEF/NRA/ECC/DSC/SCI/RMBHSF/WSF
Hunted
Cameroon/RSA/New Zealand/Botswana/Mexico/Alaska
New guy from Indiana.

Current memberships: NRA, RMEF, NWTF, ECC. Expired membership: DU, might rejoin soon.

Upcoming hunts: Alaska moose September 2019, New Zealand May 2020, South Africa plains game August 2021, Alaska sheep 2022.

Hunted 14 states. 2nd trip to Africa in 2021.

US Army veteran 1990-1997.

Favorite weapon and cartridge: 7 mm Rem Mag.
 
Welcome to AH TheGrayRider! Glad you found us, I think that you will enjoy your time here.
 
Welcome to AH.
Write up a hunt report on the first trip when you get a moment.
 
Welcome to AH The Grey Rider. Sounds like your hunting "Dance card" is filled up for a couple of years. What is on the menu for your planned New Zealand and African hunts? What rifles do you own and or hunt with other than your favorite 7 MM Mag?
 
Welcome to AH and thank you for your service to our country. Like to hear about your first safari.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to our forum Grey Rider. Ready for some of your past hunting stories when you have the time!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH !
 
TheGrayRider, welcome to AH and thank you for your service!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH The Grey Rider. Sounds like your hunting "Dance card" is filled up for a couple of years. What is on the menu for your planned New Zealand and African hunts? What rifles do you own and or hunt with other than your favorite 7 MM Mag?

New Zealand- stag, tahr, chamois

RSA- kudu, zebra, sable, Blue wildebeest - usual PG hunt

Guns owned - nothing special.

Best trip ever- solo week-long canoeing the White Cliffs area of the Missouri River Breaks, Montana. Followup trip to rifle mule deer hunt. Can’t wait to return. Lewis and Clark were true explorers.

Favorite book- The Lord of the Flies by Sir William Golding.

Current reads - East of Eden by John Steinbeck and A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leupold.

Another great read - The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz

Most respected modern explorer- Ed Stafford, read “Walking the Amazon” - the guy has a pair, made of titanium.

Happy hunting, The Gray Rider.
 
Last edited:
Hello and welcome, I am also new here, I am also from Indiana, just north of Indy. What part of the state are you from?
 
Welcome to the family and the forum @TheGrayRider, you are in the right place! Looking forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Welcome to AH,
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,591
Members
169,592
Latest member
digitalonetick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top