New guy from Atlanta

Hwcollins

New member
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
9
Location
Atlanta, GA
Member of
DSC, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF
Hunted
Argentina, USA: AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, ND, TN, TX
I've been reading the forum for a while but figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. I've always dreamed of hunting Africa. I attended the DSC convention a couple weeks ago and it really lit a fire under me, and also made me realize how achievable the trip is. I'm aiming for a 2030 trip for my first Safari (would like to get on the other side of kids with diapers). My wife wants to go as well, so my first trip will be focused on plains game and would like accommodations on the higher end. I know I'll be back, so I'll save the Buffalo for the 2nd trip. I'm not sure how everyone is able to plan their first Safari without someone telling them what to do. So many options.

Currently in the market for a .375. If anyone in the Atlanta area has one they'd like to part with, shoot me a message! (Chucks has a beautiful pre '64 supergrade, but its out of my price range.)

I've grown up all aspects of game across the Southeast. I've hunted elk in southeast Montana, and waterfowl all over. Born and raised in North Florida. Currently in the Buckhead area of Atlanta with my family.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome! Good luck with your safari plans. My wife and I really enjoyed our hunts.
 
GreetingS from SC.
 
Welcome to AH
 
I've been reading the forum for a while but figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. I've always dreamed of hunting Africa. I attended the DSC convention a couple weeks ago and it really lit a fire under me, and also made me realize how achievable the trip is. I'm aiming for a 2030 trip for my first Safari (would like to get on the other side of kids with diapers). My wife wants to go as well, so my first trip will be focused on plains game and would like accommodations on the higher end. I know I'll be back, so I'll save the Buffalo for the 2nd trip. I'm not sure how everyone is able to plan their first Safari without someone telling them what to do. So many options.

Currently in the market for a .375. If anyone in the Atlanta area has one they'd like to part with, shoot me a message! (Chucks has a beautiful pre '64 supergrade, but its out of my price range.)

I've grown up all aspects of game across the Southeast. I've hunted elk in southeast Montana, and waterfowl all over. Born and raised in North Florida. Currently in the Buckhead area of Atlanta with my family.
im in east cobb. welcome to the best hunting website on the web.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome, we have a daughter in Stone Mountain.
Beware of Africa! It’s VERY addictive!
 
I've been reading the forum for a while but figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. I've always dreamed of hunting Africa. I attended the DSC convention a couple weeks ago and it really lit a fire under me, and also made me realize how achievable the trip is. I'm aiming for a 2030 trip for my first Safari (would like to get on the other side of kids with diapers). My wife wants to go as well, so my first trip will be focused on plains game and would like accommodations on the higher end. I know I'll be back, so I'll save the Buffalo for the 2nd trip. I'm not sure how everyone is able to plan their first Safari without someone telling them what to do. So many options.

Currently in the market for a .375. If anyone in the Atlanta area has one they'd like to part with, shoot me a message! (Chucks has a beautiful pre '64 supergrade, but its out of my price range.)

I've grown up all aspects of game across the Southeast. I've hunted elk in southeast Montana, and waterfowl all over. Born and raised in North Florida. Currently in the Buckhead area of Atlanta with my family.
welcome welcome welcome
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Welcome to AH Hwcollins!
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! Have fun planning!
 
Welcome! Glad to have you here with the rest of us!
 
I've been reading the forum for a while but figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. I've always dreamed of hunting Africa. I attended the DSC convention a couple weeks ago and it really lit a fire under me, and also made me realize how achievable the trip is. I'm aiming for a 2030 trip for my first Safari (would like to get on the other side of kids with diapers). My wife wants to go as well, so my first trip will be focused on plains game and would like accommodations on the higher end. I know I'll be back, so I'll save the Buffalo for the 2nd trip. I'm not sure how everyone is able to plan their first Safari without someone telling them what to do. So many options.

Currently in the market for a .375. If anyone in the Atlanta area has one they'd like to part with, shoot me a message! (Chucks has a beautiful pre '64 supergrade, but its out of my price range.)

I've grown up all aspects of game across the Southeast. I've hunted elk in southeast Montana, and waterfowl all over. Born and raised in North Florida. Currently in the Buckhead area of Atlanta with my family.
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome aboard, I’m a bit south of you in Warner Robins.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,033
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top