NAMIBIA: ZAMBIA: Namibia & Zambia, The Tale Of Two Leopards

What a fantastic trip and write up, it sounds like many cherished moments were created, and to have shared it with your family, a truly special hunt, thank you for sharing it.

Congratulations to all, and thank you for sharing with us such a wonderful experience. And a well done to your daughters for closing the deal with Mr. Spots. (y) You are a blessed man.

JES,

What an amazing adventure with your daughters and wife. Many memories to last your lifetimes. Well done! As always, I really enjoyed your report.

We probably crossed paths. My son and I hunted Mahango plus the Kowas Farm, then spent some time at the coast. Perhaps with a little planning we could have met up at Joe's. Maybe next time.

All the best.

JES,

What an amazing adventure with your daughters and wife. Many memories to last your lifetimes. Well done! As always, I really enjoyed your report.

We probably crossed paths. My son and I hunted Mahango plus the Kowas Farm, then spent some time at the coast. Perhaps with a little planning we could have met up at Joe's. Maybe next time.

All the best.
Thanks Wheels, sorry we missed y'all. We had a great meal at Joe's before we left Windhoek. Hopefully we can catch up at DSC in January.

Day 17

The charter pilot met us at the airport, and we cleared customs and were headed for Namibia in less than a half hour.

View attachment 543141

For this chapter of the Safari, we will be hunting with Peter Thormahlen of Thormahlen and Cochran Safaris in their Bushmanland concession. Our history with Peter goes back seventeen years when I completed my Big 5 with him taking a rhino in the Songimvelo Game Reserve in South Africa.

My eldest daughter first hunted with Peter when she was seven years old and she said, “if I ever go on my own Safari, I want to hunt a leopard with Uncle Peter”.

Bushmanland will be quite a contrast to the densely forested Mbizi Game Reserve, and I can’t wait to see it.

The first leg of the flight was a short hop and we landed in Katima Mulilo to clear Namibian Customs.

As typical whenever I have come to Namibia, the customs officer was very friendly and turned us around in about 30 minutes.

Airborne again, it took about 15 minutes into the flight to reach cruising altitude and smooth air. We had a one hour forty-minute flight to the airstrip near camp.

We touched down at the Mangetti Dune strip Abiliu Huelepo, one of the PH’s was there to pick us up. The drive to camp was just under an hour and once there, we were met with cold wash cloths and a welcome cool drink.

View attachment 543142
The camp Manager Duki remembered us from our time spent at the Mahango camp in 2016 and we greeted each other with a big hug. She showed us to our tents, and we got settled.

View attachment 543149
Once unpacked we sat at the dining room patio, then by the fire when the sun had set. It is noticeably cooler here and I grabbed a light jacket for the evening.

Peter arrived just after sunset, and we had a good visit catching up. After dinner everyone seemed tired, so we called it an early night.
Great writing! Congratulations for being one of the small group of hunters who have taken the big 5! That is my vision and goal as well

Great writing! Congratulations for being one of the small group of hunters who have taken the big 5! That is my vision and goal as well
Thanks @Rare Breed, keep working towards your goal and enjoy every moment along the way!

Thanks Wheels, sorry we missed y'all. We had a great meal at Joe's before we left Windhoek. Hopefully we can catch up at DSC in January.

Always have to stop at Joe's when in Windhoek.
1688939132356.jpeg

Will definitely have to get together at Dallas.

Have a great rest of the year.

@JES Adventures Hey John Ed what a great adventure! Awesome bull elephant and probably importable as well! A great all around trip. I’m very happy for you and the family! Nice work!

Awesome safari's, great family experience and excellent write-up.

Thanks for taking us along, I enjoyed fully.

MB

You certainly did it right !

Great writing John, it was a pure pleasure to having you and Debra and the girls here at Mbizi Game Reserve, hope to see you all soon !

Michael

Great writing John, it was a pure pleasure to having you and Debra and the girls here at Mbizi Game Reserve, hope to see you all soon !

Michael
Thank you once again Michael for the warm hospitality. Debra and I look forward to the day we return to Mbizi!

Great write up of a fantastic hunting and travel trip. Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetraFeier

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….