NAMIBIA: My Namibia Hunt 2017

All I can say is, good thing you know your way around a saw and a hammer. You are going to need to raise your ceiling for the second Oryx!

Congrats Bill on your great trophies! Those zebra pictures bring up fond memories of hunting Namibia! I love your old eland! Nice baboon, I keep missing them on every hunt! Beautiful kudu!

Very nice trophies Bill. The eland is massive. Kudu great too.. Don't you just LOVE Namibia? I know I do! CAn't wait to get back there hopefully in 2019 for Mr. Spots again.

Very nice trophies Bill. The eland is massive. Kudu great too.. Don't you just LOVE Namibia? I know I do! CAn't wait to get back there hopefully in 2019 for Mr. Spots again.

I will be back to Namibia one day that is for sure. Will go back to get my giant springbuck big male oryx and another mtn. zebra. Plus with me who knows what else. LOL

Great stuff Bill, congrats on all the trophies!

Some great trophies there. That eland is really something else. The mass is really cool. Sounds like you rebounded very well from the shooting difficulties on the springbuck. I can tell that you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing. Bruce

I'm still looking for that monster Namibian Kudu.

Congrats on your success Bill.

Awesome hunt and magnificent trophies! Man am I jealous! Thanks for sharing such a grand hunt!

I'm still looking for that monster Namibian Kudu.

Congrats on your success Bill.

Me to and I plan on going back for one. I seen some young bulls with the first curls that will equal a monster in time and that will get me back.

Plus getting my dream eland gives me time to find the kudu to match him.

Way to go Bill. Mt. Zebras with the butt pattern make the best rugs. I took 2, one pedestal and one rug.
Great old Eland, good job.
The Damara Springbuck get very massive mass, did not find the one for me last trip. Next time.
I think Namibia gets over looked by hunters, it is a awesome country and should be enjoyed by more. The rifle import paperwork is so simple and short.
Trophy fees are what SA used to be, just shop around.
Great hunt, hope you are building more showroom as I have.
Till
TiTill

Glad you had a great hunt and thanks for many pictures in your report. I think you killed my dream eland-old with great hair! I will reread this report but wondering what bullet you used in your .300? You mention the 100 Barnes from the .257 but if you mentioned the bullet from your .300 I missed it-

Glad you had a great hunt and thanks for many pictures in your report. I think you killed my dream eland-old with great hair! I will reread this report but wondering what bullet you used in your .300? You mention the 100 Barnes from the .257 but if you mentioned the bullet from your .300 I missed it-

I used barnes vortex factory ammo that was 180 ttsx in them. They have worked great last to trips on of my model Remington 700. Just never get to recover any of the bullets. Have worked well on animals if there only 80 yds away or over 300yds.

Very nice animals. I had the same displeasure with some of my shooting skills as well. It only makes the one shot kills feel so much better. Congrats on a very successful hunt with plentiful trophy's.

Love that old eland bull, congrats on a great hunt. Soon off to Namibia myself for the second time.

Looking back over the report again. Man you really did well in Namibia, some great trophies!!!!

Looking back over the report again. Man you really did well in Namibia, some great trophies!!!!

Yes it was a great hunt and it is all about picking the right outfitter. We took some great animals and hunted hard to. I think I just need to stick with outfitters named Pieter as it has worked out well so far. LOL

All things considered, you had a great hunt, collected some nice trophies, thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, did you ever figure out what caused the errant shots with the 257?

All things considered, you had a great hunt, collected some nice trophies, thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, did you ever figure out what caused the errant shots with the 257?

The bad luck with the 257 was all me. I should of not tried to shot through the bush at the first springbuck. Then I just think I was trying to hard and making it worse. Everything else was hit after the springbuck day and I made some very good shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg