Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Poland, Canada, Mexico, Argentina
We just returned yesterday from a truly memorable and amazing hunting trip in Namibia. We hunted with Nick and Isabel Nolte near Omaruru, Namibia. The primary focus of the hunt was leopard, but we also hunted some plains game as well. I can't say enough great things about Nick and Isabel's operation. Everything was top notch from the accommodations, food, and hunt quality to the way you are treated as part of their family the entire time you are there.

We flew out of DFW on American Airlines to Joberg and then connected on Air Link to Windhoek. One thing we learned in that experience, both coming and going, is that if you have a checked bag in Joberg that is not checked all the way through to your final destination, you must stand in line to "enter" the country, recover your checked luggage and recheck on your new flight, then stand in line again to "exit" the country. This was not a big deal, just a bit of time-consuming hassle that can be avoided.

Once we got to Windhoek and were met by Isabel, it was about a three hour drive to their lodge. We started hunting the next day and took a Black Wildebeest and a cull Blue Wildebeest for bait. We hunted hard for the leopard and finally got him on the 12th day of a 14 day safari. In between that we also took a nice Nyala and a gold medal Springbok. This was my first time hunting Springbok, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it quite similar to hunting Pronghorn back home.

This was our second time hunting with Nick and Isabel, and I couldn't be more pleased. I give them my highest recommendation. I learned so much from Nick on this trip. He truly is an excellent PH on leopard. He knows their habits, behaviors, and patterns. He really works hard to get you on a leopard. He was getting a bit frustrated because we had large leopard tracks at four of our baits, but they weren't hitting the bait. Finally, on the 12th day, our luck changed. We checked the bait in the morning, and a big tom had hit it. We decided to sit there that evening, and it sure paid off. Not long after we got in the blind, we heard baboons near us. Nick was very happy about that because he knew they would alert us when the leopard was in the area. Sure enough, right about dusk a big male baboon started loudly barking, and it wasn't long after that the leopard was on the bait.

Two days later we started the long journey home, but we are already yearning to return. Here are some pics of the game we took.
Nyala.jpg
Sprinbok.jpg
Black Wildebeeste.jpg
Leopard tracks.jpg
20230513_084413.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your successful trip. Beautiful trophies! Happy hunting, TheGrayRider.

Congrats on some good animals and a fine leopard.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on your hunt!!!

I met Nick & Isabel at the DSC this year. After talking to them and others I booked a Leopard hunt with them June 15,2023.I am excited to hunt with Nick and see Isabel. Now I am just waiting for the calendar to tick down till I depart Houston.

Congrats on a great hunt and some awesome trophies. I love hunting in Namibia, a great and diverse country for hunting.

I met Nick & Isabel at the DSC this year. After talking to them and others I booked a Leopard hunt with them June 15,2023.I am excited to hunt with Nick and see Isabel. Now I am just waiting for the calendar to tick down till I depart Houston.
Hi Manny,

If you would like to speak directly, I am happy to share my experiences with you and do my best to answer your questions.

Congrats. Good looking leopard and thats a impressive springbok. Sounds like a wonderful hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

congrats on a great hunt and thanks for sharing. I too have hunted with the Noltes. Great people and excellent operation.

Very happy for you buddy. Namibia is a great destination for leopard. sounds like your PH and his team really worked to get you on a nice tom. Also really like the springbok.

Congrats and thanks for sharing !

That springbok is a very good one.

Excellent trophy quality across the board-congratulations! Wonderful leopard, I’m glad you had such success

Such amazing adventure should be recorded on video for other and next generations to enjoy.
Thanks for sharing!

Great trophies. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats a Leopard is hard to get. I would highly recommend pre-baiting for anyone trying to harvest one!!!

@Cecil Hammonds congratulations on a very successful hunt! Just curious about your air travel. You stated you departed DFW on American and flew to Joburg, then onto Namibia via Airlink. What route does American take or was this a codeshare with Qatar or some other airline?

Congratulations on getting that Leopard. It takes knowledge, effort and patience. Well done team.

Congratulations on your leopard and your other animals. I was also fortunate to take my leopard in Namibia this past August. Enjoy planning for our next safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!