NAMIBIA: Leopard Hunt In Namibia

This morning, I shot a nice Gemsbok bull. It was really one of the finest mornings I’ve spent in Africa. We lucked out and got some of the most fantastic weather. Cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoons. I will return to Namibia! All I have left now is perhaps a worthy Kudu.
 
Beautiful Tom, congratulations.
 
Congrats on the Tom!
 
Excellent. Congratulations.
 
Congratulations on the leopard and to both of you on the hunt so far.
 
Thanks everyone!
 
Congratulation on your leopard!!!
 
Excellent leopard! Very nice coloring and it sounds like things went very to-plan as far as spotted cat hunting goes.
 
We have not had good access to the internet as Namibia had outlawed Star link since Elon Musk would pay the government extortion money. Using phone as a hot spot is allowing us to send some pictures.

Doug shot his Leopard quite early in the trip and that made the need for additional bait animals unnecessary. There were species in the area that I had yet to take on safari and decided to concentrate on them. Steenbok, Duiker, Springbok and Black wildebeest.

Namibia had their best rainfall in years and the grass was 2 ft tall, it made hunting the small antelopes quit a challenge. Hunted for a steenbok first and spent the day spotting their horns sticking above the grass only to have the vanish upon approach. As the sun was getting close to setting an old springbok ram step out into a clearing in front of me, the PH threw up the sticks and I quickly positioned my rifle. “Click” rather then bang was the noise my gun made, I had not chambered a round. I had just enough time to work the bolt and sent a round through the front of the brown stripe as Werner had suggested. Back in camp that night my first springbok had been named “Click.
 

Attachments

  • 7E13827E-A7A4-4FC3-B604-4AAD685E0786.jpeg
    7E13827E-A7A4-4FC3-B604-4AAD685E0786.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 214
Congratulations and thank you for the play by play!!! Great Leopard!!! Extremely jealous!!
 
Really nice leopard, congratulations on your success, beautiful pic too with nice background surroundings. Hope the rest of the trip goes well, some other nice animals for you both so far.
 
What is the taxidermy plan for the Leopard?
 
Congrats on the leopard! Always love it when a plan comes together. Enjoy the rest of the hunt gentlemen.

HH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,554
Members
169,372
Latest member
KishaPasch
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top