Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life, DSC, NRA Life, WSF Life
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe.
I am midday on day 4 of a 10 day hunt and having a fantastic time. I don’t want to spoil a full report, but thought you guys could use a teaser photo.

We haven’t measured anything yet, so I don’t know how big anything is.

8E169D9C-0808-4775-8B72-D007CDE53021.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats so far! Look forward to the report!

Good looking BW. Looking forward to reading your report.
Bruce

Following your report with interest ; we'll be in your shoes in just another month............
Me too! I'll be there in three weeks, right before SheHunter.

Christ it looks dry but the animal looks in good condition . Hows the drought affecting the hunting and the animals ??

Christ it looks dry but the animal looks in good condition . Hows the drought affecting the hunting and the animals ??

The mountains hold some graze, and game movement is good as they need to be constantly moving to find food. We are seeing good numbers and they all look healthy.

Midday on day 7 now if a 10 day hunt and the only thing alluding me so far is a steenbok. We have seen many, and one definite shooter, but just haven’t sealed the deal. I got a baboon walk and stalk, but it ended up not being of trophy size so we are still looking for another but I’m not really worried about baboon. I got one from the sticks on a stalk! Pretty cool I think. We actually were following a springbok when we saw the baboons.

In short, animals are present and look good. We are seeing a good variety each day. Still need a steenbok and always looking for big warthog and maybe a 2nd gemsbok. If I was a little faster I would be completely wrapped up and have no more money to keep shooting! Lol.

Glad you’re enjoying yourself. Looking forward to the report!

How did the rest of your hunt go? Would love to see some more pictures

VonJager, you are a great clients and conservationist you had a successful Safari hunt with us. Attached two of my favourite picture. VonJager with the SCI Blue Bag for our local school and VonJager with his Khomas Highland Kudu.
best regards
Philip

IMG_2279.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2279.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 104
IMG_2176.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2176.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 94
How did the rest of your hunt go?
Well, I am, officially, the worst hunting report writer of all-time. I read them, I enjoy them, but I always seem to find something else that needs to be done, more urgently than my hunting reports.
2 years later, let's shed that title and commence the rest of the story.

This was my 3rd safari and my best to date. Philip and his family were amazing hosts with great campfire camaraderie in the evenings. I booked the AH special 10 days, 10 animals, and in 8.5 days hunting, took 12 animals. The half day was a sunday. They asked if I would give the guys Sunday off, but it was early in the hunt, and did not know how the rest would go, so agreed to a half day, and the last day was a sunday, and I had already shot everything I had the budget for, so was content to not go out, and have a braai day.

Even though a drought was definitely starting to make things difficult, the game looked to be in good health, and many of the trophies I took were older, past prime, males(perfect.) My PH was Adab, and even though his english was not outstanding, it was good enough, but it did help that many of the days a german appie was with us(not translating, just someone to talk to.)

The property was large, low fence(cattle,) and all but one of my animals came from Philip's property. We hunted 2 neighbors, one low fence, where we did not take anything, and one high fence across the road, where I got my black wildebeest. We saw black wildebeest on Philip's, but the herd is growing, and he asked if I was okay hunting on the neighbor for that species.

I rented a .300 win mag, was supplied with fine ammo, and rarely needed more than 1 shot.

Many days we went on hikes to prospective locations, without having first seen something from the truck, which was different than my previous 2 hunts, which most game was taken after having spotted it from the truck. I requested we walk and "earn" our trophies and we did.

Attached, find some photos from the trip, and I will try and add more detail to the individual days, or answer any additional questions.

IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2439.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG
img_2342-jpg.414703

Attachments

• IMG_2342.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 155
I look forward to returning to Khomas Highland again in the future, when I am not sure, but I wholeheartedly encourage anyone considering Namibia, or a plainsgame hunt in general, to consider Khomas Highland.
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG
img_2339-jpg.414705
img_2060-jpg.414706
img_2232-jpg.414707
img_2140-jpg.414708
img_2311-jpg.414709
img_2313-jpg.414710

Attachments

• IMG_2339.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2060.JPG
    9.8 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2232.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2140.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2311.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2313.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 151
img_2339-jpg.414714
img_2060-jpg.414715

Attachments

• IMG_2339.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2060.JPG
    9.8 MB · Views: 147

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,